Please do not save documents. Always use this site to make sure you have the most up-to-date information.
It is the faculty/school’s responsibility to assist with students’ onboarding process and ensure all requirements have been met. Please refer to the Undergraduate Nursing Students policy #11101.
The school will email the Seattle Children’s Nursing Schools the completed student upload sheet no less than 30 days prior to the first day students will be on campus. The Department of Nursing Practice, Professional Development and Innovation (NPPDI) will process the spreadsheet by sending it to Human Resources (Non-Employee Admin).
- Clinical Rotation Student Upload Sheet (XLSX)
- Senior Practicum Student Upload Sheet (XLSX)
- Note: Please be certain all columns are completed correctly, paying special attention to column G, asking “Previously @ Childrens.” If you are unsure of their employment status, please leave it blank.
The school will also complete the COVID 19-Vaccine template for their students.
Students will receive the RedCarpet welcome email and complete the required tasks. Students are required to use their school email address for OKTA Verify (remote access). Faculty are to inform students to keep their school email address in RedCarpet.
- RedCarpet Onboarding Guide (DOCX)
If your student was at Seattle Children's Hospital in any capacity in the previous 12 months or is a current Seattle Children's employee, they will not go through RedCarpet.
Students will complete a Respiratory Clearance Form that will be sent through the school. The school will have access to the survey responses to approve or deny the student’s access to rooms that require the use of a CAPR.
Schools should email email@example.com if they do not have access to the SON Respiratory Teams page. The approver should not be a faculty member facilitating in the quarter/semester.
School coordinator or faculty/instructor:
- Students must complete their RedCarpet onboarding in order to obtain their SCH badge.
- Schedule group appointments with Seattle Children’s Employee Service Center – call 206-987-1020.
- Relay group appointments to students.
- Please communicate to students that they are to arrive with their group and not individually. Talent Acquisition Service Center (TASC) uses this process to minimize interruptions during employee onboarding.
After the student’s assignment has been approved, account provisioning will set up the student’s network access and username, which will be sent to them in 2 separate emails. As of Fall 2022, we will no longer be updating the SON Username Upload on the Schools of Nursing External SharePoint page.
The school coordinator or faculty/instructor distributes usernames to the students. Students will be able to access our computer systems, including Grow@SC (Learning Management System), only after they have been given usernames.
Students will complete the requirements according to their role found in this document:
Upon completion of the EPIC eLearning, your account for EPIC access will be unblocked so you will have access to EPIC when you arrived. If you have difficulties in accessing EPIC after the trainings are completed, please call our IS Department at 206-987-1111 (between 0800-1700 Monday through Friday only).