Center for Quality and Patient Safety Team
Paul Jason Sharek, MD, MPH, is vice president, chief quality and safety officer and associate chief medical officer for quality and safety. He is a Clinical Professor of Pediatrics, University of Washington School of Medicine, and participates on the Seattle Children’s Executive Leadership Team. Before joining Seattle Children’s in November 2018, he was a professor of pediatrics at Stanford University (and remains as emeritus professor at Stanford University), a pediatric hospitalist and the creator and medical director of the LPCH Center for Quality and Clinical Effectiveness and chief clinical patient safety officer at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital.
Vanessa Shorte, Associate Vice President of Quality and Safety
Vanessa Shorte, Associate Vice President of Quality and Safety, joined Seattle Children’s in November 2019. She partners with the Vice President, Chief Quality & Safety Officer, and Associate Chief Medical Office (Quality and Safety) to oversee and implement the quality strategic plan and actively collaborate with leadership, providers, faculty, researchers and other stakeholders to sustain an effective organizational structure intended to reliably optimize the quality of care delivered across the Seattle Children’s enterprise. Her leadership at the Center for Quality and Patient Safety contributes to our organization’s strategic imperative and to the center’s work to ensure safe, equitable care and optimal experiences for patients and their families.
- Dale Landis, senior director, Accreditation and Regulatory Compliance
- Tee Mirisola, director, Infection Prevention
- Erin Alberda, interim director, Patient Safety and Medication
- Annie Tsai, interim director, Workforce Health and Safety
- Yasaman Fatemi, associate director, Infection Prevention
- Lizabeth Martin, MD, associate director, Medication Safety
- Caitlin McGrath, associate director, Infection Prevention
- Darren Migita, MD, medical director, Clinical Effectiveness
- Kristina Toncray, MD, associate chief safety officer, Patient Safety
- Jessica Warner-Grant, MD, PhD, medical director of event review on patient safety
- Danielle Zerr, MD, MPH, medical director, Infection Prevention and Control