Department of Nursing Practice, Professional Development and Innovation
Please do not save documents. Always use this site to make sure you have the most up-to-date information.
It is the faculty/school’s responsibility to assist with students’ onboarding process and ensure all requirements have been met.
The school will email the Seattle Children’s Nursing Schools the completed student upload sheet no less than 30 days prior to the first day students will be on campus. The Department of Nursing Practice, Professional Development and Innovation (NPPDI) will process the spreadsheet by sending to Human Resources.
- Clinical Rotation Student Upload Sheet (XLSX)
- Senior Practicum Student Upload Sheet (XLSX)
- Note: Please be certain all columns are completed correctly, paying special attention to column G, asking “Previously @ Childrens.”
Students will receive the RedCarpet welcome email and complete the required tasks in RedCarpet.
- Note: If the student is a current employee, they will not go through RedCarpet onboarding – but please ensure they are included on the upload sheet mentioned in Step 1. In addition, faculty are to confirm that all the required web-based trainings are completed as described in Step 4 below.
Students will receive email confirmation from HR that the assignment has been approved. The email will contain the next steps in the onboarding process. The students will be instructed to contact the school coordinator or faculty/instructor for a photo ID badge appointment time.
School coordinator or faculty/instructor:
- Schedule group appointments with Seattle Children’s Employee Service Center – call 206-987-1020.
- Relay group appointments to students.
- Please communicate to students that they are to arrive with their group and not individually. The Employee Service Center uses this process to minimize interruptions during employee onboarding.
After the student’s assignment has been approved, account provisioning will set up the student’s username and enter it into the username spreadsheet (XLSX). This sheet is password-protected. The department will distribute the password to the school contact. This password is not to be shared with students. The username spreadsheet is updated once daily.
The school coordinator or faculty/instructor distributes usernames to the students. Students will be able to access our computer systems, including Learning Center, only after they have been given usernames.
Students will complete the requirements according to their role found in this document:
As instructed in the document above, once all web-based trainings are completed, students will call the IS Service Desk (Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m. only) at 206-987-1111 to be given access to our system.
Faculty/instructor will print the Student Orientation Instructions and Acknowledgement Form (PDF) and review, sign and email to Seattle Children's Nursing Schools. This form acknowledges that students have been oriented according to Seattle Children’s requirements and all materials have been reviewed or provided to students prior to arrival on campus. This form is due on or before the first hour students are on campus and on units with patients.