Concussion - Concussion Health Improvement Program (CHIP Study)
What is the goal of this study?
Researchers at Seattle Children's are studying which types of skills-building sessions help youth with prolonged concussion symptoms recover.
Researchers are also studying whether it's better to teach skills to youth, parents or both
Who can join the study?
- Participants between 11 to 18 years old
- Had a concussion and are not feeling better
- Speaks English or Spanish
What will happen if my child takes part in this study?
- Randomly chosen to receive skills coaching sessions over Zoom or to continue with usual care
- Youth and a parent or caregiver fill out online surveys at 5-time points
- All study activities are done remotely
- Youth will be compensated up to $220
- Parent/caregiver will be compensated up to $120
- The study length is 12 months Taking part in the study is voluntary
Who can I contact for more information?
If interested in enrolling, please fill out the following survey:REDCap Link
Questions? Please call 206-884-5809 or email CHIP@seattlechildrens.org