Our Resources and Facilities
Seattle Children’s Research Institute brings together the best minds in pediatric research to set new standards of pediatric care and find new treatments and cures for childhood diseases.
We have access to one of the nation’s largest pediatric patient populations and, at any given time, our researchers are involved in more than 500 active studies. To accelerate our progress, the research institute is organized into nine centers, each one specializing in areas like cancer immunotherapy, neuroscience and child health and behavior.
With more than 330,000 square feet of lab, clinical research and office space in Seattle, our state-of-the-art facilities include:
- Aquatics and vivarium lab facilities
- Flow-cytometry labs
- Investigational drug service
- Pediatric clinical research center
- GMP facility for therapeutic cell production
- Lentiviral vector construction and production
- Pathology services, including specimen processing, histology, DNA/RNA extraction and tissue microarray
- Multiphoton and confocal microscopy facility
- Next-generation sequencing
- 3-D printing services
- Transgenic mouse model development laboratory
- Human and animal electrophysiology laboratories