CIIT Flow Cytometry Core
The Flow Cytometry Core at Seattle Children’s Research Institute’s Center for Immunity and Immunotherapies provides access to state-of-the-art cell sorters, analyzers and workstations. In addition to supporting faculty and students at the research institute, our facility supports investigators at other academic institutions and private companies.
The services our facility provides include:
- Training and technical support
- Assistance with experimental design, data analysis and interpretation by experts in the field
- Assistance in developing novel multicolor flow cytometric techniques
Call us at 206-884-7382 or send us email.
Location and Hours of Operation
The Flow Cytometry Core is located at 1900 Ninth Avenue in downtown Seattle.
The facility is open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Extended time is available for trained after-hours users, with prior approval.
What is flow cytometry?
Flow cytometry measures the physical and chemical characteristics of cells or particles as they flow past a laser light source in a liquid stream. A cytometer measures cellular characteristics such as size and complexity, as well as other parameters, using fluorescent probes. There is also a special type of cytometer (Becton Dickinson Fluorescent Activated Cell Sorter, or FACS) that has a cell sort feature, which allows the physical separation of a specific cell population from a heterogeneous group of cells into separate collection test tubes. For more information about flow cytometry instruments, see Services.
For More Information
- See Applications of Flow Cytometry for information on immunophenotyping, cell sorting, cell cycle analysis, apoptosis, cell proliferation assays and intracellular calcium flux.
- See Flow Cytometry Services for details about the sorters, analyzers, workstations and technical support available in the Flow Cytometry Laboratory.
- See Flow Cytometry Fee Structure for details on fees.
- See How to Schedule Instrument Use for scheduling details.
- Frequently Asked Questions