Center for Pediatric Nursing Research
Nursing Publication Support Program
The Nursing Publication Support Program promotes the submission of scholarly work for publication. Grants are intended for Seattle Children’s nurses who have a completed QI, EBP, research or other scholarly work and are ready to publish the findings.
- Recipients will receive up to a total of $1,500 to support the time required to prepare and submit a manuscript. The grant is not expected to cover the full time effort required. Recipients should consider the additional time commitment as a personal professional activity.
- Up to six projects are expected to be funded annually.
- Mentorship support is available to all nurses and provided by the program’s nurse researcher (or designee).
- Applicants must be a Seattle Children’s nurse working in any area of the hospital, including inpatient, ambulatory and regional clinics. Clinical nurses (direct care staff), leadership and advanced practice nurses are eligible to apply.
- Applicants should expect to complete and submit the manuscript within 6 months of receiving funding.
- Projects that will be published must already be completed.
- Projects that have already been presented as an abstract, poster or podium presentation will be given priority.
See the Nursing Publication Support Program overview (PDF) for more information.
- Download and complete the Nursing Publication Support Program application (DOCX).
- Submit to Nursing Research.
Applications will be reviewed by members of the Nursing Research Steering Committee. Applicants who are not funded are encouraged to schedule an appointment with the nurse researcher to strengthen the application for future resubmission.