Partnering With Us
Rights and Responsibilities
At Seattle Children’s, we strive to provide expert family-centered healthcare in an environment that promotes healing, dignity and trust. We are a teaching hospital whose mission includes training the next generation of providers. We provide team-based care that includes residents, students and other trainees.
We know this can be a stressful time for you, and if you have a concern, we will try to resolve it in a timely and respectful manner. We value compassion, excellence, integrity, collaboration, equity and innovation in support of these efforts.
We expect you to share in the responsibility of creating a therapeutic, trusting and safe environment of care. These rights and responsibilities describe how we will partner with you and your family as active members of the care team.
Compliments, Comments or Concerns
Seattle Children’s works hard to always improve and learn, and your suggestions are very important to us. We hope you will tell us when we do a good job and when we do not meet your expectations. Here are the ways you can give us your feedback:
- Speak with your provider or nurse in the moment about your concerns. If they are not able to help, ask to speak with a charge nurse or the manager.
- Call Patient and Family Relations at 206-987-2550. Or, if you’d like to speak to someone in your own language, call the Family Telephone Interpreting Line at 1-866-583-1527 and ask the interpreter to connect you with 206-987-2550.
- Fill out a comment card and give it to a staff member. Cards are at the hospital and all clinic locations.
- Submit online.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Write to:
Seattle Children’s Hospital
Patient and Family Relations
PO Box 5371, RB.7.420
Seattle, WA 98145-5005
If you call Patient and Family Relations about your grievance, you can expect acknowledgement of your concern within 7 to 10 days and an estimated date for a final response.
Ways to file a complaint outside of Seattle Children’s
You may file a complaint directly with the Washington State Department of Health:
- By calling 1-800-633-6828 or 360-236-4700
- By writing:
HSQA Complaint Intake
PO Box 47857
Olympia, WA 98504-7857
- By email: HSQAComplaintIntake@doh.wa.gov
You may also contact DNV GL Healthcare, another group that regulates us:
- By calling: 1-866-496-9647
- By writing:
ATTN: Hospital Complaints
400 Techne Center Drive #100
Milford, OH 45150
- By email: email@example.com