Information About COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)
COVID-19 Vaccines at Seattle Children’s
Seattle Children’s is providing COVID-19 vaccination services to the general public, including our patients. At this time, all people 12 years and older are eligible to receive the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine in Washington state under an Emergency Use Authorization.
- We are administering only the Pfizer vaccine, which is approved for people 12 years and older under an Emergency Use Authorization. We currently do not offer any other vaccines besides Pfizer.
- People who are younger than 18 must have a legal guardian present with them to sign the patient acknowledgement form/consent for care in the clinic at time of vaccination. This is required at both the first and second dose appointments.
- At this time, we allow two parents or caregivers to accompany a patient to their vaccine appointment.
- We have appointments available from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Wednesday and then on Saturdays.
- We do not offer walk-in vaccinations. Please do not come to the hospital or any of our locations for a vaccine if you do not have an appointment.
- At the time of your vaccine, we will ask some screening questions to confirm this is the right time for you to receive the vaccine.
- Talk to your primary healthcare provider about any questions or concerns related to the vaccine and your medical needs. Vaccine clinic staff will not be able to advise you if any underlying health conditions could stop you from receiving the vaccine or should be considered before you receive it.
- If you need additional support during your vaccine appointment, add a note to your appointment or send an email to COVIDCommunitySupport@seattlechildrens.org with a request to speak to the vaccine clinic manager. A member of our team will call you to discuss some of the services we offer to ensure our patients have a safe and positive vaccination experience. These services include:
- A pre-vaccination clinic visit where you can discuss your needs with a member of our team. A private room where we can administer your vaccine A care team trained to support patients with sensory or emotional needs as appropriate and within state and federal regulations.
- We encourage you to bring things like drawing materials, a notebook, games, or other things to distract you.
- Please plan to arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your scheduled time so that we can maintain the safe physical distancing of people waiting for their vaccine.
Scheduling Your Vaccine Appointment
- You may use the Seattle Children’s scheduling portal to schedule an appointment
- The portal requires you to use Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge internet browsers.
- We will send you a confirmation email when your vaccine appointment for your first dose is successfully booked.
- After that, we will send you instructions on how to open a MyChart account through Seattle Children’s. You can also sign up here.
- Your second dose appointment will be scheduled for you after you receive your first dose.
- We will only administer a second dose to people whose first dose was administered at Seattle Children’s.
- If you need to cancel an appointment, do so here.
You can also check the Washington State Vaccine Locator for other locations where vaccines are offered.
If you need help, please email COVIDCommunitySupport@seattlechildrens.org.
To learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine, visit these trusted sources of accurate information:
- Washington State Department of Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Public Health - Seattle & King County has a program to offer in-home vaccinations for people who meet their criteria. Learn more here.
- UW Medicine's Community Conversations: Straight Talk About COVID-19 Vaccines is available in the following languages:
How to Access the Seattle Children’s Vaccine Clinic
The vaccine clinic is located at our hospital campus at 4800 Sand Point Way NE on the 8th floor of the Ocean building. Entrance to the hospital is only permitted to those who have an appointment. Once your appointment has been confirmed, we will send you instructions on where to park and how to enter the building.