Information About COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)
COVID-19 Vaccines at Seattle Children’s
Seattle Children’s is providing COVID-19 vaccination services to the general public including our patients. At this time, all people 16 years and older are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine in Washington state.
- We are administering the Pfizer vaccine which is approved for people 16 years and older.
- People who are younger than 18 must have a legal guardian present with them to sign the patient acknowledgement form/consent for care in the clinic at time of vaccination. This is required at both the first and second dose appointments.
- We have a limited supply of vaccines and clinic capacity.
- We open appointments each week and anytime we have appointment availability. We encourage you to check back frequently for open appointments.
- We do not offer walk-in vaccinations. Please do not come to the hospital or any of our locations for a vaccine if you do not have an appointment.
- At the time of your vaccine, we will ask some screening questions to confirm this is the right time for you to receive the vaccine.
- Talk to your primary healthcare provider about any questions or concerns related to the vaccine and your medical needs. Vaccine clinic staff will not be able to advise you if any underlying health conditions could stop you from receiving the vaccine or should be considered before you receive it.
We have a strict visitor policy which does not allow for anyone to accompany a person to an appointment, except in the case of person’s under age 18 who need a parent/legal guardian to sign consent. However, if you need help from a caregiver in order to navigate to the clinic, you may bring only that person along to assist you.
- If you need additional support during the vaccine appointment outside of what you or your primary caregiver can provide, we recommend that you seek vaccination at another location.
- Please plan to arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your scheduled time so that we can maintain the safe physical distancing of people waiting for their vaccine.
Scheduling your vaccine appointment
- You may use the Seattle Children’s scheduling portal to schedule an appointment
- The portal requires you to use Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge internet browsers.
- We will send you a confirmation email when your vaccine appointment for your first dose is successfully booked.
- After that, we will send you instructions on how to open a MyChart account through Seattle Children’s. You can also sign up here.
- Your second dose appointment will be scheduled for you after you receive your first dose.
- We will only administer a second dose to people whose first dose was administered at Seattle Children’s.
- If you need to cancel an appointment, do so here.
You can also check the Washington State Vaccine Locator for other locations where vaccines are offered.
If you need help, please email COVIDCommunitySupport@seattlechildrens.org.
To learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine, visit these trusted sources of accurate information:
How to Access the Seattle Children’s Vaccine Clinic
The vaccine clinic is located at our hospital campus at 4800 Sand Point Way NE on the 8th floor of the Ocean building. Entrance to the hospital is only permitted to those who have an appointment. Once your appointment has been confirmed, we will send you instructions on where to park and how to enter the building.