Safety and Injury Prevention
Car Seat Checks
You can download this page as a PDF (English).
Join us for a free safety check. Child passenger safety experts will check your child in a car seat, booster seat or seat belt and answer any questions you may have. New and expecting parents are welcome.
- What type of safety seat or seat belt fits your child best
- How to properly install your child’s safety seat into your car
- How to secure your child in the safety seat or seat belt
2020 Dates and Times
- CANCELED: Saturday, March 28 – This car seat check has been canceled due to an abundance of concern surrounding COVID-19.
- Saturday, June 20, 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 22, 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 17, 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
70th and Sand Point Administrative Building
6901 Sand Point Way NE
Seattle, WA 98115
First come, first served. We do not take reservations. You may have to wait in line up to 90 minutes.
We may need to cut the line off before the end time, based on current wait times and the number of technicians available.
Find More Car Seat Checks in Your Area
To Learn More
- Child Safety Seat Guidelines
- Target Zero from the Washington Traffic Safety Commission
- Washington State Safety Restraint Coalition, 425-828-8975 or 800-BUCK-L-UP (800-282-5587)