Safety and Injury Prevention
Car Seat Checks
Join us for a free safety check. Child passenger safety experts will check your child in a car seat, booster seat or seat belt and answer any questions you may have. New and expecting parents are welcome.
- What type of safety seat or seat belt fits your child best
- How to properly install your child’s safety seat into your car
- How to secure your child in the safety seat or seat belt
2020 Dates and Times
Due to COVID-19, some car seat checks have been cancelled. We will continue to update this page as we monitor the situation.
- CANCELED: Saturday, June 20, 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 22, 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 17, 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
70th and Sand Point Administrative Building
6901 Sand Point Way NE
Seattle, WA 98115
First come, first served. We do not take reservations. You may have to wait in line up to 90 minutes.
We may need to cut the line off before the end time, based on current wait times and the number of technicians available.
- Free virtual car seat check appointments offered by King County Certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians via video chat platforms. For more information, email Laura Miccile or call 206-477-8664.
- Free virtual car seat classes are being offered by South County Fire and Safe Kids Snohomish County. Classes take place on:
- The first and third Thursdays of the month, from 1 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- The second and fourth Tuesdays of the month, from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Registration is required.