Safety and Injury Prevention
Car Seat Checks
Seattle Children’s is now offering appointment-based car seat checks. See below for dates and registration information. Free virtual car seat check appointments and virtual car seat classes are also being offered. See below for details.
Join us for a free safety check with certified car seat technicians. Participants are educated on the proper way to install a car seat in their car and to ensure their child is properly restrained in the car seat, booster seat or seat belt. New and expecting parents are welcome.
Car seat checks are by appointment only.
Car seat checks will follow COVID 19 safety protocols:
- All eligible persons in the vehicle must wear a mask.
- Drivers and passengers will exit the vehicle at the inspection station and practice social distancing guidelines.
- Saturday, June 26
- Saturday, August 21
- Saturday, October 23
Appointments are required.
- Free virtual car seat check appointments are offered by King County Certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians via video chat platforms. For more information, email Laura Miccile or call 206-477-8664.
- Free virtual car seat classes are being offered by South County Fire and Safe Kids Snohomish County. Classes take place on:
- The first and third Thursdays of the month, from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- The second and fourth Tuesdays of the month, from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Registration is required.
Find More Car Seat Checks in Your Area
- 2021 King County Car Seat Checks
- Car Safe Kids
- Safe Kids Washington
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration