Seattle Children’s social workers help you cope with the effects on your family of your child’s illness.
We work with interpreters in all languages, including sign language. We also have social workers who speak Spanish or Vietnamese.
Services We Offer
- Assessment of your family’s strengths and needs in relation to your child's illness
- Referrals to community resources
- Education about access to healthcare
- Development of a plan to address your family's psychological and social needs
- Crisis intervention for patients and families
- Short-term counseling to help your family adjust to illness, make decisions or cope with grief
- Help in understanding behavior and in learning strategies to effectively deal with behavior
- Family violence assessment and safety planning
- Long-term help with bereavement through the Journey Program
- Collaboration with community partners to enhance services and their delivery
- Help with acquiring the resources you and your child need to be successful
Paying for Care
Learn about paying for care at Seattle Children’s, including insurance coverage, billing and financial assistance.