Non-Employee Partner Access

The purpose of these steps is to outline the process for Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center research employees who must acquire “affiliate staff” status to support research at Seattle Children’s.

  1. All Fred Hutch research staff who anticipate conducting research activities and require systems-level and/or facilities access at Seattle Children’s must acquire affiliate staff status.
  2. Sponsorship at Seattle Children’s:
    • Fred Hutch: The partner access liaison to Fred Hutch will act as a sponsor for Fred Hutch employees.
    • University of Washington: UW employees must reach out to Research HR to initiate the affiliation process and identify a sponsor. Please email:

Step 1: Application and Approval Process Timeline

  • Submit your application for the Partner Access program using the following link:

Fred Hutch Employees

  • Your application will go through a review process prior to approval. This may take 1-3 weeks depending on the volume of applications we receive and if any follow-up information is requested.

    Step 2: NEAT Form and Red Carpet Onboarding

    • Fred Hutch: The partner access liaison, acting sponsor, will submit a NEAT form once the following occurs:
      1. Application Review
      2. Partner Access Approval
    • The NEAT form will trigger a welcome email from Seattle Children’s HR with login information for Red Carpet, our online onboarding system.
    • Log into Red Carpet and complete the list of required paperwork as soon as possible.

    Step 3: Network Access

    • Once you complete all required paperwork in Red Carpet, you will receive an email with your Non-Employee ID number (also referred to as “EID” or “badge number”).
    • You and your sponsor will receive your login information to our network, visit the Remote Access page to access the remote portal.
    • If you need help, please contact the IT help desk at 206-987-1111 and have your EID (“badge number”) ready at the time that you call.

    Step 4: Immunization Screening and Badge Appointment (for approved on-site applicants)

    Required Immunization Screening

    • Required Immunization Screening for COVID vaccination history
    • Once staff received their Employee ID (“EID” or “badge number”), staff may proceed by sending their vaccination history to Workforce and Environmental Health and Safety (WEHS) by email or fax it to 206-985-3159
    • Please contact WEHS by email or call 206-987-3392 if you have any questions

    Badge Appointment

    Step 5: Training

    • Complete required training in our online learning center “Grow@SC”.
    • Email the completed checklist to your sponsor by the end of your first week to prevent your access privileges from being revoked due to non-compliance.

    Step 6: Elevated Access

    • Electronic Medical Record (EHR) access for research study team members requires additional training and study team members must complete one of the following courses before gaining access to Protected Health Information (PHI):
      • Epic Training: (1) Epic for Research Study Team or (2) Epic for Research View-Only
      • OnCore Training: Varies, please review past training and current access type needed with your sponsor.
      • Elevated site access – please email your sponsor to review request.

    Step 7: Extension Access Request & Study Portfolio Update for current Affiliate Staff

    • Fred Hutch staff who need to extend their assignment will need to review and validate their “Affiliate Staff” application.
    • Please make sure to reapply at least 30 days before your access is set to expire to prevent any disruption to your access.
    • Fred Hutch staff are only approved to work on studies that are included on their application. If your study/role assignment changes, please email the SC-based liaison at to update your study list.