Non-Employee Partner Access
The purpose of these steps is to outline the process for Fred Hutch Cancer Center research faculty and staff, who must acquire affiliate member or affiliate staff status, respectively, to support research at Seattle Children’s.
- All Fred Hutch research staff and investigators who anticipate conducting research activities and require systems-level and/or facilities access at Seattle Children’s must acquire affiliate member or staff status.
- University of Washington: UW employees must reach out to Research HR to initiate the affiliation process and identify a sponsor. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1: Application and Approval Process Timeline
Submit your application.
- Your application will go through a review process prior to approval. This may take 1-3 weeks depending on the volume of applications we receive and if any follow-up information is requested.
|Non-Employee Affiliation Type||Affiliate Staff||Affiliate Member|
FHCC Research Staff
|Sponsor||Partner Access Liaison||Maria Hernandez, director, Center Business Operations (CBO), Ben Towne Center for Childhood Cancer Research (BTCCCR)|
|Application||Fred Hutch Research Staff||Fred Hutch Research Investigator|
|Renewal and Extensions||Annual, variable dates||Annual, mid-July in conjunction with annual evaluations|
Step 2: NEAT Form and RedCarpet Onboarding
- Fred Hutch: The acting sponsor will submit a Non-Employee Action Tracker (NEAT) form once the application has been reviewed and approved.
- The NEAT form will trigger a welcome email from Seattle Children’s Human Resources (HR) with login information for RedCarpet, our online onboarding system.
- Log into RedCarpet and complete the list of required paperwork as soon as possible.
Step 3: Network Access
- Once you complete all required paperwork in RedCarpet, you will receive an email with your Non-Employee ID number (also referred to as “EID” or “badge number”).
- You and your sponsor will receive your login information to our network. Visit the Remote Access page to access the remote portal.
- If you need help, please contact the IS help desk at 206-987-1111 and have your EID (“badge number”) ready at the time that you call.
Step 4: Immunization Screening and Badge Appointment (for approved on-site applicants)
Required immunization screening
- An immunization attestation will be required at the time of RedCarpet task completion. Non-employees will be notified if immunization screening requirements change.
- Please contact Workforce and Environmental Health and Safety (WEHS) by email or call 206-987-3392 if you have any questions about your personal vaccination history.
- The Employee Service Center is located at our Roosevelt Commons location, 4th Floor, 4300 Roosevelt Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105.
- Schedule a “research non-employee” onboarding appointment with Talent Acquisition Service Center (TASC) via email at TalentAcquisitionServiceCenter@seattlechildrens.org.
Step 5: Training
- Complete required training in our online learning center “Grow@SC”.
Step 6: Elevated Access
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) access for research study team members requires additional training and study team members must complete one of the following courses before gaining access to Protected Health Information (PHI):
|Non-Employee Affiliation Type||FHCC Affiliate Staff||FHCC Affiliate Member|
|Elevated Facility Access||Please email your sponsor to review your request|
Step 7: Extension Access Request and Study Portfolio Update (for current Affiliate Staff)
- Fred Hutch staff who need to extend their assignment will need to review and validate their “Affiliate Staff” application.
- Please make sure to reapply at least 30 days before your access is set to expire to prevent any disruption to your access.
- Fred Hutch staff are only approved to work on studies that are included on their application. If your study/role assignment changes, please email the Seattle Children's-based liaison at email@example.com to update your study list.