Center for Pediatric Nursing Research
Nursing Research Publications
- Sackinger, D.A. Commentary on Dennis, C. et al. (2017). Models of partnership within family-centered care in the acute paeditric setting: a discussion paper. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 73, 361-374.] JAN Interactive, April 4, 2017.
- Shade, C., Kelly, K., and Hofmann, K. (2017). Addressing the unique needs of an electronic health record in a neonatal intensive care unit. JOGNN, 46, 304-309.
- Busby [Felix], B., Campbell, S., Cole, R., DeVires, C., Dobbins, K., Trimble, M., and Wickline, M. Photography in telemedicine: Improving diagnosis of chronic graft-versus-host disease. Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing, 21(1), 86-92.
- Opersteny, E., Anderson, H., Bates, J., Davenport, K., Husby, J., Myking, K., and Oron, A.P. (2017). Precision, sensitivity and patient preference of non-invasive thermometers in a pediatric surgical acute care setting. Journal of Pediatric Nursing, 25, 36-41.
- Lazo, E.A. & Davis-Kirsch, S. (2017). Prompt response by clinic telephone triage staff improves satisfaction. AAACN Viewpoint, 39(1), 4-8.
- Thomas, K.A., Burr, R.L., and Spieker, S. (2016). Light and maternal influence in the entrainment of activity circadian rhythm in infants 4-12 weeks of age. Sleep and Biological Rhythms. doi: 10.1007/s41105-015-0046-2 (online January 5, 2016).
- Thomas, K. A., and Spieker, S. (2016). Sleep, depression, and fatigue in late postpartum. MCN; American Journal of Maternal Child Nursing, 41(2), 104-109.
- McCadam, B. (2016). Little moments make big impacts. APHON Counts, 30(3).
- Morgan, L. (2016). Prevention starts with awareness: Adoptive adolescents at high risk for suicidal behavior. NASN School Nurse. First published: Oct. 13-2016
- Ramsey, R.J.M. and Matt, S.B. (2016). Policy review and recommendations: Palliative care for pediatric patients in the United States of America. Journal of Community and Public Health Nursing, 2(4).
- Dickerson, J.A., Sinkey, M., Jacot, K., Stack, J., Sadlikova, K., Law, Y.M. & Jack, R.M. (2015). Tacrolimus and sirolimus in capillary dried blood spots allows for remote monitoring. Pediatric Transplantation, 19, 101-6.
- Ismail, R., Linder, L.A., MacPherson, C.F., and Woods, N.F. (2015). Feasibility of an iPad application for studying menopause-related symptom clusters and women’s heuristics. Informatics for Health and Social Care, July 10, 1-20 (epub).
- Jacot, K., Sinkey, M. & Stack, J. (2015). Tacrolimus and sirolimus in capillary dried blood spots allows for remote monitoring. Pediatric Transplantation.
- Lion, K.C., Ebel, B., Rafton, S., Zhou, C., Hencz, P., and Mangione-Smith, R. (2015). Evaluation of a quality improvement intervention to increase use of telephonic interpretation. Pediatrics, 135, e709-16.
- Neff, J.M., Clifton, H., Popalisky, J., and Zhou, C. (2015). Stratification of children by medical complexity. Academic Pediatrics, 15, 191-6.
- O’Connor, M.R., Dobra, A., Voss, J., Pihoker, C., and Doorenbos, A. (2015) Type 1 diabetes among East African immigrant and nonimmigrant black youth in the U.S. Journal of Pediatric Nursing. [epub ahead of print]
- Ridling, D.A. & Magyary, D. (2015). Implementation science: Describing implementation methods used by pediatric intensive care units in a national collaborative. Journal of Health Care Quality, 37, 102-116.
- Taro, A. (2015). Staying out of sticky situations: How to choose the right tape for your patient. Wound Care Advisor, 4 (5), 21-26.
- Thomas, K.A., Burr, R.L., & Spieker, S. (2015). Maternal and infant activity: Analytic approaches for the study of circadian rhythm. Infant Behavior and Development, 41, 80-87.
- Wild, J.M., Erickson, N., McPhillips, H., and Whitlock, K. (2015). Improving interprofessional communication and collaboration: Findings from a novel reciprocal job shadow experience for pediatric residents and nurses. Academic Pediatrics, 15, e8.
- Woods, N.F., Ismail, R., Linder, L.A., Macpherson, C.F. (2015). Midlife women’s symptom cluster heuristics: Evaluation of an iPad application for data collection. Menopause, 22 (10), 1058-66.
- Fernbach, A., Lockart, B., Armus, C.L., Bashore, L.M., Levine, J., Kroon, L., Sylvain, G., Rodgers, C. (2014). Evidence-based recommendations for fertility preservation options for inclusion in treatment protocols for pediatric and adolescent patients diagnosed with cancer. Journal of Pediatric Oncology Nursing, 31, 211-222.
- Macpherson C.F., Linder L.A., Ameringer S., Erickson J., Stegenga K., Woods N.F. (2014). Feasibility and acceptability of an iPad application to explore symptom clusters in adolescents and young adults with cancer. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 61, 1996-2003.
- Rosenberg, A.R., Kroon, L. et al. (2014). Insurance status and risk of cancer mortality among adolescents and young adults. Cancer, Epub Dec 9, 2014.
- Stegenga, K., Macpherson, C.F. (2014). "I'm a survivor, go study that word and you'll see my name": Adolescent and cancer identity work over the first year after diagnosis. Cancer Nursing, 37, 418-28.