NOD /ShiLtJ Feederless ES Cell Line
Embryonic stem cell line from the non-obese diabetic (NOD) strain of Mus musculus (lab mouse). This ES cell line has a pure NOD genetic background and does not require feeder cells for propagation.
- Direct generation of animals in the NOD background, without the need to propagate polygenic animals through multiple generations
- Only available NOD ES cell line with feeder cell independent propagation
- Robust cell line that enables straightforward maintenance and manipulation
Immunodeficiency; diabetes; cancer biology
While alternate reagents are available, they have drawbacks described below:
- NOD/129 F1 hybrid ES cells, not pure genetic background, not feederless. Learn more.
- NOD ES cells that require feeder cells for propagation. Learn more.
- Feeder dependent NOD line, not robust, poor propagation. Learn more.
- Feeder dependent, from different NOD substrain. Learn more.
- Feeder dependent NOD ES cells. Learn more.
Other sources of validation
International Society for Stem Cell Research Annual meeting (ISSCR 2020) – Boston/virtual meeting June 2020
To learn more about this cell line, please email Kamya Rajaram.