F1 Hybrid Bl6/Bl-Swiss Feederless ES Cell Line
Robust F1 hybrid embryonic stem cell line from Mus musculus (lab mouse), generated by crossing C56BL/6J mice to Black-Swiss mice. This ES cell line does not require feeder cells for propagation and readily transmits through the germline using outbred CD1 4-8 cell embryos as hosts.
- Streamlined generation of genetically modified founder mice with >50% c57BL/6J genetic background.
- Efficiently generates high percentage chimeras
- Compatible with inexpensive outbred CD1 embryos
- Eliminates need to use inbred albino C57 embryos as is common practice
- Albino CD1 host embryos allow assessment of chimeras by black on white coat color
- Germline transmission of all mutations targeted and tested to date
- Feeder cell independent propagation enables straightforward maintenance and manipulation
ES cell genome engineering
Available C57BL/6J ES cell lines are extremely difficult to work with, and they are not as successful at contributing to the germline of chimeras
Other sources of validation
International Society for Stem Cell Research Annual meeting (ISSCR 2020) – Boston/virtual meeting June 2020
To learn more about this cell line, please email Kamya Rajaram.