The Center for Child Health, Behavior and Development (CCHBD) Bridge Funding Program supports key research staff members during critical gaps in extramural funding. The goal is to stabilize research programs and maintain productivity when external funding is temporarily disrupted.
Up to $25,000 in bridge funding is available, depending on the size of the research program. Bridge funding is available for a period of up to one year.
- Salary and fringe benefits for faculty and research staff
- Research supplies, equipment and other research expenses
- Students and fellows
- Travel to meetings and conferences
- Consultant costs
- Applicants must be CCHBD faculty members with strong track records of extramural funding who will be losing extramural research support at the time of bridge application or within six months of bridge application filing.
- Junior faculty (including those funded by K awards) with a record of productivity, but who have not obtained their first extramurally funded R grant
All funding requests must be matched 1:1 by the applicant's division/department. The requests must include documentation of the match commitment and a budget for the match.
For More Information
See the Bridge Funding Policy (PDF) for more information.
Seattle Children's Research Institute also provides institutional bridge funding. Seattle Children's Research Institute also provides institutional bridge funding. For more information, please email the CCHBD center business office.
For inquiries, send us an email.
1920 Terry Ave.
Seattle, WA 98101
PO Box 5371
Seattle, WA 98145-5005