Behavior and Development Lab
The Center for Child Health, Behavior and Development (CCHBD) is at the forefront of developing therapies to improve outcomes for children with autism, depression, obesity, attention problems and a variety of other conditions. The Behavior and Development Lab is the epicenter of this process, providing CCHBD investigators with a dedicated, state-of-the-art research facility. The Lab is conveniently located at Seattle Children's Research Institute's 8th Avenue office in Seattle's South Lake Union area.
The Behavior and Development Lab includes a clinical space with four meeting and observation rooms and an additional exam room. Access to testing rooms is controlled by a coded door. There is a separate waiting area with chairs and toys for the use of participants and their siblings and parents.
The Behavior and Development Lab's shared space and equipment includes:
- Observation room with one-way glass viewing
- Two consult rooms
- 3D camera room (available upon request from the Speltz lab)
- Exam room
- Exam table (for non-invasive treatments, e.g., measurements)
- TV/consult room
- Two computers (available upon request from the Webb group)
- Two tripod cameras
- Two ceiling-mounted cameras
- Monitoring/ recording/ viewing equipment
- Weight scale
- Trapezoid/regular tables for adults and children
- Laptop available for checkout
- Sinks and space for clinical supplies
The Behavior and Development Lab is open only to CCHBD members, reducing competition for space and helping ensure that studies are conducted efficiently. CCHBD eligibility policies apply. The lab is not intended to be a treatment facility.
Center for Child Health, Behavior and Development
For questions or inquiries,
1920 Terry Ave.
Seattle, WA 98101
PO Box 5371
Seattle, WA 98145-5005