Nondiscrimination and Interpreters Notice
Discrimination Is Against the Law
Seattle Children’s complies with applicable federal and other civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude people or treat them differently based on race, color, religion (creed), sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin (ancestry), age, disability, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Read our Safety, Inclusion and Anti-Racism Statement (PDF).
Free Aids and Services for People With Disabilities
Seattle Children’s provides these free aids and services to help people with disabilities, such as patients and caregivers, communicate effectively with us:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (e.g., large print, audio, accessible electronic formats)
Free Language Services
Seattle Children’s provides these free language services to people, such as patients and caregivers, whose primary language is not English:
If you need these services, tell the person helping you that you need assistance, or contact the Family Resource Center at 206-987-2201.
Seattle Children’s Patient and Family Relations
If you believe Seattle Children’s has failed to provide these services or discriminated in any way, you can file a formal complaint (grievance) with Patient and Family Relations:
- Phone/Interpreter: 206-987-2550 or 1-866-987-2000 (toll-free). For an interpreter, call 1-866-583-1527 and ask the interpreter to connect you with 206-987-2550.
- Online: http://www.seattlechildrens.org/familyfeedback
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Seattle Children’s Hospital
PO Box 5371
Seattle, WA 98145-5005
If you need help filing a formal complaint (grievance), call the Patient and Family Relations number above and someone will help you.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights
You also can file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights:
- Online: https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf
- Phone: 1-800-368-1019 or 1-800-537-7697 (TDD)
- Mail (Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html):
Centralized Case Management Operations
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Ave. SW
Room 509F HHH Bldg.
Washington, DC 20201
Language Assistance (Interpreters)
Outside the hospital: Call our toll-free family interpreting line at 1-866-583-1527. Tell the interpreter the name of the person or clinic you need.
Inside the hospital: Ask the person helping you for an interpreter or call the Family Resource Center at 206-987-2201. See the Notice of Interpretation Services (PDF) for information in your language.