Partnering With Us
Patient and Family–Centered Care
Our commitment to patient and family–centered care means we:
- Partner with patients and their families as essential members of the healthcare team.
- Build partnerships based on mutual respect and open communication.
- Respect each family's uniqueness.
- Listen with care and seek to understand the perspectives and needs of families.
- Share information clearly, completely and consistently.
- Ensure privacy and confidentiality.
- Respond flexibly to family needs and negotiate differences of opinion in a timely and respectful manner.
- Promote and value the competency and expertise that everyone brings to the healthcare team.
- Collaborate with families in the development and evaluation of new and existing programs, policies and facilities.
- Work together with providers and services in the family's home community.