Nominate a Team Member
Use the form below to nominate a Seattle Children's employee for a staff award.
The DAISY Award for extraordinary nurses recognizes the superhuman work nurses do every day.
The award was established by the DAISY Foundation, which focuses on the elimination of diseases attacking the immune system. It was set up in memory of J. Patrick Barnes by his parents.
Each quarter, the award is given to six outstanding registered nurses at Seattle Children's. The winners are nurses whom patients and families as well as the members of the interdisciplinary team (nurses, physicians, nutritionists, social workers and other staff) recognize as outstanding role models.
About the DAISY Nurse Leader Award
The DAISY Nurse Leader Award recognizes all the “right” that nurses do, and compassionate leadership is indeed “right.” With a DAISY recognition program for nurse leaders, we put a public spotlight on the impact their unique brand of leadership has on their staff and the patient care they manage.
Each quarter, the award is given to one outstanding nurse leader at Seattle Children’s. The winners are leaders whom patients, families, and staff members recognize as outstanding leaders, including managers, directors, educators, chief nursing officers, preceptors, informatics nurses, etc.
Learn more about the DAISY Foundation.
Nominate a Nurse or Nurse Leader Today
Use the form below to nominate a nurse or nurse leader for the DAISY Award for going above and beyond in providing exceptional care, compassion and dedication in their daily work.
Please share your story of how this nurse demonstrated one or more of the following in their work. (Note: The questions below are meant to serve as prompts to help you tell us about what this nurse did that made you want to nominate them for the DAISY Award. Please feel free to create your own unique narrative if none of these apply to your experience.)
- How did this nurse demonstrate care that is out of the ordinary?
- How did this nurse show outstanding organization of care and facilitate communication between team members and family?
- How did this nurse make a special connection with a patient/family?
- How did this nurse provide an exceptional patient and family experience?
- How did this nurse serve as a role model for other members of the healthcare team and/or the nursing profession?
- How did this nurse make a difference in the life of a patient/family and/or colleague?
The monthly Great Catch Award recognizes team members who catch an error before it leads to harm, becomes irreversible or causes significant re-work. Any member of our workforce, including staff, faculty and volunteers, can nominate (or be nominated) for this award.
This award recognizes individuals and team members who show an exceptional commitment to safety. Recipients model behaviors that are known to increase safety like championing the use of error prevention tools in daily work and coming up with new, evidence-based ways to improve safety.
- Questions? Call 206-987-1197.
- Need an interpreter? Call 866-583-1527. Ask for extension 7-1197.
* Required fields