Urinary Tract Infection CSW Pathway Updated
March 4, 2020
Seattle Children’s has updated the clinical standard work pathway for Urinary Tract Infection (UTI). For more information, please reference our Urinary Tract Infection CSW Pathway.
The pathway first went live in December 2011 and completed its last periodic review in April 2015. After a review of synthesized medical literature and consensus on the recommendations, the pathway team updated the care algorithm. This was an extensive revision that included the following changes:
- Shortened IV antibiotic duration for infants 0-1 month of age with E. coli UTI
- Shortened IV antibiotic duration for bacteremic E. coli UTI
- Shortened total antibiotic duration for children 2 months of age and older
- Criteria for obtaining a renal bladder ultrasound (RBUS)
- Criteria for obtaining a voiding cystourethrogram (VCUG)
Contact the UTI Pathway Team with questions or concerns.