Welcome to the First Approach Skills Training (FAST) program resource page for parents and other caregivers. Below are handouts and workbooks you can download for free. Many families use these resources with the support of a mental health provider, but other families use them on their own. Sometimes families try out these resources while waiting for an appointment with a mental health provider.
- Anxiety problems:
- Two-page anxiety education handout for parents/caregivers (all ages) (English) (Spanish)
- Youth and caregiver FAST-A brief workbook (ages 7-18) (English) (Spanish)
- Child and caregiver FAST-A full workbook (ages 7–11) (English) (Spanish)
- Teen and caregiver FAST-A full workbook (ages 12–18) (English) (Spanish)
- Two-page handout on overcoming needle anxiety (English) (Spanish)
- Depression problems:
- Traumatic events:
- Challenging behavior (child):
- Two-page behavior problems education handout for caregivers (ages 4–11) (English) (Spanish)
- Parent/caregiver resource for managing screen and device time
- Challenging behavior (teen):
- Other topics:
For families who are already working with a mental health provider but are interested in using FAST materials, you are welcome share the For Mental Health Providers page with your provider to see if any of our free FAST tools might be something you can work on together.