Seattle Children’s Health and Safety Program
In partnership with Panda Cares and thanks to Panda Express fundraising efforts, Seattle Children’s travels throughout Washington state to provide free helmet and life jacket fittings. We teach parents and kids how to properly fit every helmet and life jacket we give away.
Free Giveaway Events
We attend community events and health fairs to provide safety and wellness education and give away safety gear.
We fit children between the ages of 1 and 18, and they must be present to be properly fit and receive a helmet or life jacket. Look out for us in our health and safety van in your neighborhood!
Please note that we fit and give away safety devices only at these community events. Unfortunately, we are unable to fulfill individual requests or provide donations for helmets or life jackets.
- Bike and Multi-Sport Helmets: Quick Fit Check
- Skateboard, Scooter and Skating Safety
- Bike Safety Fiction and Facts
- Helmets for Winter Sports
Life jacket resources
- Life jacket coupon in partnership with Big 5 – Take this coupon to a Big 5 Sporting Goods store in Washington for a one-time purchase on in-stock life jackets.
- Washington State Life Jacket Loaner Station Locations – Information on where you can borrow life jackets for free in Washington state. A partnership between Seattle Children’s, Washington State Parks and Recreation Boating Program, the Department of Health, and Safe Kids
- Life Jackets for Children and Teens – Learn when you and your child should wear life jackets, why they are important and how to buy life jackets that fit correctly.
- Water Safety Tips for Families – Basic guidelines every family can follow to enjoy the water safely.
- Life Jackets (Washington State Recreation and Conservation Office)
- Wearing Your Life Jacket (U.S. Coast Guard)
- Wear It Right: Choosing and Fitting a Life Jacket
To contact Seattle Children’s Health and Safety Program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.