Epic and Other Clinical Apps on Your Mobile Device
Providers are able to access Epic and other mobile apps (including Haiku, Canto and M*Modal) and electronic prescribing of controlled substances (EPCS) on their mobile devices.
Review this page to learn what this means and what you need to do.
How to Access Epic and Other Clinical Apps
To use Epic mobile apps, download and configure the Microsoft Intune mobile device management (MDM) app on your Apple or Android device by following the instructions below.
We recommend allowing 10 to 15 minutes for the initial setup, plus time for the apps to load.
For Epic applications to function correctly on your device, you need to download and set up Intune. Follow these steps below to do this.
- Go to your device’s app store.
- Search for “Intune Company Portal.”
- Download the app.
- Open the app Intune Company Portal.
- If your Seattle Children’s account is listed, select it.
- If your Seattle Children’s account is not listed, add it.
- Follow the instructions to set up Seattle Children’s access.
- Learn what Seattle Children’s can or can’t view on your device.
- Allow the website to download a configuration profile...
- Additional steps for Apple iOS users:
- Select General from your device settings.
- Select Profile.
- Select Management Profile.
- Select Install at the top of the screen.
- Enter your device passcode.
- Select Install.
- When prompted, select Allow.
- Select Done.
- Choose the category displayed.
- Select Continue.
- Select Allow to receive notifications.
- Select Ok.
- Go to your device’s app store.
This step is easy. You don’t need to do anything. The available apps will be pushed to your device.
This can take a short while. If you do not see any apps after four hours, contact Seattle Children’s Service Desk at 206-987-1111. You will also automatically receive updates when they become available. Additional apps may be automatically downloaded from the Intune Company Portal.
You will need Imprivata ID on your mobile device in order to approve electronic orders for controlled substances. Once you install Intune using the steps above, Imprivata ID will automatically be pushed to your device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Download and install Microsoft Intune Company Portal from the Apple or Google Play store and sign in with your Seattle Children’s account. You can do this from anywhere (home, work, etc.).
Yes, you can download the Haiku and Canto apps, but they won’t have the necessary configuration for Seattle Children’s until you download and set up Intune.
That’s fine. For iOS, enrollment in Intune will incorporate the Seattle Children’s configuration into your existing app(s). For Android, you will have a second copy of Haiku installed; please ensure you use the version within the Android Work Profile for access to Seattle Children’s.
Seattle Children’s can only see information about your phone and the apps installed, such as the device model, serial number, and version. Seattle Children’s can’t see or access any of your personal information, such as browsing history and photos or personal emails, text messages and files. As you set up Intune you’ll see specific lists of what Seattle Children’s can or can’t see. Your device may also inform you that Intune allows an administrator certain access. If your device is lost or stolen, Seattle Children’s will reset it to factory settings.
- Apple devices must be running iOS 13 or higher. We recommend an iPhone 7 or later.*
- Android devices must be running Android 8 or higher.*
- Please ensure at least 1 GB of free storage space for applications.*
* Recommendations are current as of August 2020. Note that these will change over time.
It can take an hour or longer for apps to be pushed to your device. If they don’t appear after four or more hours, contact Seattle Children’s Service Desk at 206-987-1111.
No. The apps will work from any location, including at home, at work or anywhere you have an Internet connection.
I am already enrolled in a mobile device management app, such as Intune, with another organization. What should I do?
Unfortunately, devices can only be managed by one organization at a time.
Rover is only approved for use on a Seattle Children’s–provided device and not on personal devices.
You can remove access from your device within the Intune Company Portal. This may remove some apps and configuration pushed to your device, but will leave all personal apps and information intact.