Applying for a Job at Seattle Children’s
We are excited to announce that we launched a new mobile-friendly job listings site as of January 24, 2018. With this transition, we ask that you log in to your profile, reset your password and ensure that all your information is complete and accurate. Please note that you do not need to reapply to any jobs for which you’ve already submitted an application. If you have further questions about the new site, visit the frequently asked questions.
We hope you’ll take a look at our current job openings and consider joining our talented team at Seattle Children’s!
Applicants are able to create job search agents – saved notifications that alert them by email whenever a job matching their previous search interests has been posted.
Use filters to search for positions of interest to you, and click the Search button. On the Job Listings page, which displays jobs that match your search, scroll down to the Job Search Agent Options section. Then, name your search agent and click the Create Agent button.
- Valid email address, such as Yahoo!, Gmail or Hotmail.
- Work history, education and license or certification numbers (if applicable).
- An electronic version of your résumé.
- Electronic cover letter is optional.
We do not ask for references at the time of application. If you are considered for a position, the recruiter will ask for references. These are processed by a company called Skill Survey.
- Click the Log back in! link, located on the top right of every portal page.
- Click the Reset Password link, located below the Login Name and Password fields on the login page. The Reset Password popup will display.
- On the popup, enter the email address you used when you originally created your profile. (If you enter a different email address not in the system, your password cannot be reset.)
- Check your email, and click the link provided to follow the reset password steps.
Consider having a friend or family member review it and give feedback, check for misspellings, provide full information (dates) and provide licensure/certification details.
I do not have access to a computer to complete the online application. How can I apply for a job I am interested in?
If you do not have a computer at home, we encourage you to access the Internet at a public library. You also can get help submitting your online application from your local WorkSource office.
Yes. You will need to apply online for each position you are interested in. (For example, applying for one administrative assistant position does not mean you have applied for every open administrative assistant position).
Our recruiters work on multiple positions. We want to be sure you are considered for any position you are interested in and qualified for.
If a position requires a cover letter, a text box will be provided for you to paste your cover letter.
Your application materials may be reviewed by multiple recruiters and hiring managers. For this reason, please address your cover letter to Human Resources.
Please do not email or fax your résumé unless we have requested additional information from you.
If you are interested in applying for an open position, submit your materials through our online process.
We do not set closing dates for most positions. A position will remain posted to our website as long as we are accepting applications.
If we do assign a closing date to a specific position, that information will be listed on the job posting.
After Submitting Your Application
To check if your application is complete, log into the career site. Click on “Dashboard.” You’ll see a list of past job submittals.
If I have applied for a job opening, how long will it be before I know if I have been selected for an interview?
Generally, we will contact you in four to six weeks if you are among the most qualified candidates and are selected for an interview.
- Log into your existing profile, and then select the Update your profile button.
- Enter any updates to your personal information or résumé, and click the Update Profile button.
Questions to ask yourself if you have not heard from us:
- Is my application complete and accurate?
- Did I apply online?
- Do my qualifications closely align with the qualifications specified for the job?
Types of Positions at Seattle Children’s
Yes. Some departments have internships. For more information, see the Internships and Residencies page.
The contacts on that page can answer questions about the specific internships and residencies listed.
Volunteer opportunities are coordinated by Volunteer Services. For more information, see the Volunteering at Children’s page.
The contacts on that page can answer your questions about volunteering.
Usually a temporary position is established for the short term and/or hired for a specific assignment or project. Generally they are six months or less.
Temporary positions are not eligible to receive benefits.
A limited-term position may:
- Cover the duties of a current employee on extended leave or reassignment
- Cover the duties of an empty position while a lengthy recruitment is being conducted
- Fill a limited-term need or one-time project
The term of the appointment must be at least six months. Limited-term positions are eligible to receive benefits.
An employee in a per diem position works on an as-needed basis.
They may cover staffing vacancies due to leaves of absence, illnesses, holidays and any other condition that requires additional staffing.
Per diem positions may not have a set schedule or guaranteed hours. They are not eligible for benefits.