Give Yourself Enough Time
Please allow 20 minutes for parking and check-in. If you arrive more than 20 minutes late, we may need to reschedule.
Bring These Items on the Day of Your Clinic Visit
Appointment reminder notice
About two weeks before your child's clinic visit, we will send you an appointment reminder notice. It lists the date and time for your child's visit.
Please remember to bring your insurance card.
Social Security number
Please bring your child's Social Security number.
If your child is on Medicaid, Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS), Healthy Options or Basic Health Plus, bring your medical coupons.
If you received forms before your visit, please bring the completed forms with you to the appointment.
Please also bring a completed Clinic Visit Intake Form (PDF) on the day of your child's appointment. We ask that you fill out a new intake form each time you visit a Children's clinic.
To complete the form electronically, click in the blue shaded boxes, type in your information, print out the form and bring it with you; or, print a blank form and fill it out by hand. If you are unable to bring a completed copy, we will provide you with a blank form on the day of your appointment.
- Birth or adoptive parents do not need to bring a birth certificate or any other legal papers.
- If you are a legal guardian, we will need to see the legal papers that say so.
- If you are the parent, but do not have legal custody, we will need to see the legal papers that allow you to make healthcare decisions for your child.
- If you do not have the legal papers we need to see, call our Social Work Department at 206-987-2760 (voice) or 206-987-5186 (TTY) for help.
List of medicines
- Bring a list of prescription and non-prescription medicines and vitamin supplements your child is taking. Include the name, dose and instructions.
- Or, you can just bring the medicine with you.
- For your child's safety, make sure to share information about your child's medicines and recent lab test results with your community providers, including pharmacists.
- Ask pharmacists for a printout of your child's current medicines that can be shared with clinic staff.
Test results or X-rays
Bring any test results or X-rays that may help with this visit.
Play and comfort items
- Please bring a few of your child's favorite books, games or toys, or music (with headphones).
- You might also bring snacks and a change of clothes, if needed, for your child.
Other Things to Know
- The length and nature of your visit may make it difficult for young children to attend.
- If children will attend, we recommend bringing another adult to supervise, if possible.
Seattle Main Campus
If you need to bring siblings, we have a free, supervised playroom for brothers and sisters ages 3 to 11 who are toilet-trained. They may stay for two hours, and there are no reservations. As long as there is space, we allow siblings in.
Location: Level 6, Ocean zone
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to noon and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Bellevue Clinic and Surgery Center
Find out about the Sibling Playroom at the Bellevue Clinic and Surgery Center.
Billing information, including frequently asked questions, can be found here.
Lockers are available at our main campus only. If you have several clinic appointments in one day, you can put coats, folding strollers or other belongings in a locker. The Family Resource Center on level 7 has free, self-serve lockers for your use.
ATM card, credit card or cash
The cafeteria at our main campus takes cash, traveler's checks (up to $50 denominations) and Visa or MasterCard; no personal checks are accepted.
There is a cash machine between the Ocean Cafeteria and the Ocean 7 entrance desk. There is no fee to use the ATM, though your own bank may charge one. The cashier's office is on level 7 near the Octopus elevators. You may write a personal check for cash for up to $10 per day, with a valid driver's license from Washington, Alaska, Montana or Idaho. Learn about other services we provide for families.
Arrival and maps/directions
For information about maps, directions, and parking please select the appropriate page for your appointment location: