Ocean Cafeteria (Level 7, Ocean Zone)
- Daily – 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. and 1 to 4 a.m.
- Grill – 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 5 to 7 p.m.
- Breakfast – 6:30 to 10 a.m.
- Lunch – 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Dinner – 5 to 7:30 p.m.
Accepts cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, cafeteria gift cards and debit cards. Families get a 5% discount on food if they use a cafeteria gift card. You can get them from the cafeteria cashiers.
Starbucks Coffee (Three Locations)
1. Outside Ocean Cafeteria (level 7, Ocean zone). Serves coffee, tea, espresso drinks, pastries, sandwiches, salads, healthy snacks and more.
- Open Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, closed
2. Main River entrance. Serves coffee, tea, espresso drinks, pastries, sandwiches, salads, soups, breakfast sandwiches, healthy snacks and more.
- Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
3. Next to Emergency Department (level 1, Forest zone). Serves coffee, tea, espresso drinks, pastries, sandwiches, salads, breakfast sandwiches, healthy snacks and more.
- Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, year-round
All locations accept cash, VISA, MasterCard, American Express and prepaid Starbucks cards.
Vending machines are:
- On level 7, Ocean zone, near Ocean Cafeteria
- Level 7, River zone in the Family Resource Center next to the Frog elevators
Microwaves and Refrigerators
There are family lounges on most units with microwaves and refrigerators where you can store food. There also are microwaves in the cafeteria, level 7 and 3 vending areas.
Most units have special rooms with breast pumps. Ask your nurse.
For emergencies, formula and disposable bottles are available in the inpatient units. Ask your nurse.
There are a couple grocery stores nearby. Check out the neighborhood services map (PDF) for more information.
You can have food delivered from nearby restaurants. Visit our neighborhood restaurants section for more information.
Food vouchers are available for nursing mothers whose children are inpatients here. To receive a food voucher while your child is an inpatient, ask your child's nurse. If you need resources for food, a place to stay or transportation, call Social Work at 206-987-2760.