Care Centered on Families
We are committed to family-centered care.
At Seattle Children's, we honor the central role of families in the lives of children and recognize that this role is intensified when interacting with a healthcare system.
Our commitment to family-centered care means we:
- Partner with patients and their families as essential members of the healthcare team
- Build partnerships based on mutual respect and open communication
- Respect each family's uniqueness
- Listen with care and seek to understand the perspectives and needs of families
- Share information clearly, completely and consistently
- Ensure privacy and confidentiality
- Respond flexibly to family needs and negotiate differences of opinion in a timely and respectful manner
- Promote and value the competency and expertise that everyone brings to the healthcare team
- Collaborate with families in the development and evaluation of new and existing programs, policies and facilities
- Work together with providers and services in the family's home community