What Is a Family Advisor?
Family advisors are people who use their family’s experiences to influence decisions and help shape programs and policies at Seattle Children’s. We value the unique perspectives and expertise of families. Families have much to offer, teach and share.
There are four main ways for family advisors to get involved: as consultants, as educators and by providing support to other parents or by joining the Family Advisory Council.
You would make a good family advisor if:
- Your child is a patient at Children’s
- You like to work on a team
- You care about making Children’s better
- You are willing to reflect on your experiences
- You are open to learning about yourself
- You can speak up honestly and thoughtfully
- You have time and interest to work on behalf of all families