Use this form to nominate an extraordinary nurse for the DAISY Award.
About the Award
The DAISY Award for extraordinary nurses recognizes the superhuman work nurses do every day.
The award was established by the DAISY Foundation, which focuses on the elimination of diseases attacking the immune system. It was set up in memory of J. Patrick Barnes by his parents.
Each quarter, the award is given to six outstanding registered nurses at Seattle Children's. The winners are nurses whom patients and families as well as the members of the interdisciplinary team (nurses, physicians, nutritionists, social workers and other staff) recognize as outstanding role models.
Learn more about the DAISY Foundation.
I nominate the following nurse for the DAISY Nursing Award for going above and beyond in providing exceptional care, compassion and dedication in their daily work.
Please share your story of how this nurse demonstrated one or more of the following in their work. (Note: The questions below are meant to serve as prompts to help you tell us about what this nurse did that made you want to nominate them for the DAISY Award. Please feel free to create your own unique narrative if none of these apply to your experience.)
- How did this nurse demonstrate care that is out of the ordinary?
- How did this nurse show outstanding organization of care and facilitate communication between team members and family?
- How did this nurse make a special connection with a patient/family?
- How did this nurse provide an exceptional patient and family experience?
- How did this nurse serve as a role model for other members of the healthcare team and/or the nursing profession?
- How did this nurse make a difference in the life of a patient/family and/or colleague?
* Required Fields