Seattle Children’s employees enjoy (eligibility requirements may apply):
- Deeply discounted unlimited ORCA transit pass – good for bus, train, light rail and foot ferry rides, and pays half of vanpool fare
- $4.50 daily cash bonus on days you commute to work by train, bus, carpool, vanpool, bicycling or walking
- Free shuttle service connecting worksites to regional transit hubs
- Personalized commute assistance
- On-site Staff Bicycle Service Center – full service bike shop offering discounts on bicycles, gear and accessories
- Two free annual bicycle tune-ups
- Company Bike Program – free use of a bike when you commit to biking to work twice a week
- Free bike classes, lockers, showers, towel service and secure parking.
- Free rides home when you don’t drive and the unexpected occurs
- Premium parking for carpools and free parking for vanpools
- Free vanpool parking and premium carpool parking save you money and grant you access to onsite parking
- Pay-per-use parking rates that differ by time of day – depending on your worksite, parking will cost between $2 and $15 per day. Daily parking costs allow flexibility in how you get to work each day.
- Offsite parking for many hospital campus workforce members, with frequent shuttles to the hospital, allows us to preserve our limited on-campus parking for patients and families.
Read an overview of Seattle Children's transportation perks (PDF).
Seattle Children’s efforts to ease our employees’ commutes are recognized in the 2016 Platinum Employer award for Commute Trip Reduction from the League of American Bicyclists.
Seattle Children’s was designated one of 2018’s Best Workplaces for Commuters for offering exceptional commuter benefits.