For help with transportation, contact Guest Services.
Shuttles for Patients and Families
Guest Services shuttle
We provide free, wheelchair-accessible transportation to and from the hospital campus or the Bellevue Clinic and Surgery Center for patients and families traveling through Seattle’s:
- Sea-Tac Airport
- Amtrak train station
- Ferry terminals
- Boeing Field
- Greyhound bus station
- Bolt Bus stop
For transporation options between the hospital campus (Seattle) and other Seattle Children's locations, call 206-987-9330.
Ronald McDonald House shuttle
Provides transportation between Seattle Children’s hospital campus in Seattle and the Ronald McDonald House. Please call at least 45 minutes before you need a ride.
- During the day (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 6:30 p.m), call Guest Services at 206-987-9330.
- At night (Monday-Friday, 6:30 p.m. – 8 a.m.) and on weekends and holidays, call Security at 206-987-2030.
Resources listed are based on availability. Inclusion does not imply endorsement. Call to verify services.
Bus, light rail and Washington State Ferries
- King County Metro Bus, 206-553-3000
- Greyhound Bus, 206-628-5526
- Washington State Ferries, 206-464-6400
- Sound Transit Light Rail, 206-398-5000
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car, 206-729-4580
- Budget, 206-525-2534 *
- Dollar Rent A Car, 206-682-1316 *W
- Dollar does not pick up from the hospital campus (Seattle), but will pay a portion of your cab fare from the hospital to Dollar.
- Seattle Children’s offers free valet Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Taxi cabs and car services
- Farwest Taxi, 206-622-1717 *W (Accepts Alaska Medicaid)
- Orange Cab, 206-522-8800 *
- Yellow Cab, 206-622-6500 W
- United Transportation, 206-886-1177 *W (Accepts Alaska Medicaid)
- Bilen Transport, 206-384-3216 *
You can also use Seattle Children's Guest Services shuttle, taxis, Uber and Lyft to and from Sea-Tac Airport.
Car seats and wheelchairs
* Car seats may be available upon request (usually only one per car). Call ahead.
W Wheelchair-accessible vehicles may be available upon request. Call ahead.
Medicaid-approved families may qualify for taxi rides, bus tickets, or gas vouchers.
- If you are at home, call your Medicaid transportation broker at least 5 days before your visit.
- If you are already at our campus, stop by the transportation desk on Ocean 8 between 7:30 a.m. and 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Call: Seattle Children’s Social Work at 206-987-2760, option 7.
Free Air Transportation
For information about free air transportation for patients with financial need, call Social Work at 206-987-2760, option 7. Here are some other organizations: