For help with transportation, contact Guest Services.
Shuttles for Patients and Families
Guest Services shuttle
We provide free, wheelchair-accessible transportation to and from the hospital campus or the Bellevue Clinic and Surgery Center for patients and families traveling through Seattle’s:
- Sea-Tac Airport
- Amtrak train station
- Ferry terminals
- Boeing Field
- Greyhound bus station
- Bolt Bus stop
For transporation options between the hospital campus (Seattle) and other Seattle Children's locations, call 206-987-9330.
Ronald McDonald House shuttle
Provides transportation between Seattle Children’s main campus in Seattle and the Ronald McDonald House. Please call at least 45 minutes before you need a ride.
- During the day (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 6:30 p.m), call Guest Services at 206-987-9330.
- At night (Monday-Friday, 6:30 p.m. – 8 a.m.) and on weekends and holidays, call Security at 206-987-2030.
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) shuttle
Provides transportation between Seattle Children’s main campus in Seattle, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, Fred Hutch and the University of Washington Medical Center. The shuttle leaves every hour from the River entrance.
Resources listed are based on availability. Inclusion does not imply endorsement. Call to verify services.
Bus, light rail and Washington State Ferries
- King County Metro Bus, 206-553-3000
- Greyhound Bus, 206-628-5526
- Washington State Ferries, 206-464-6400
- Sound Transit Light Rail, 206-398-5000
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car, 206-729-4580
- Budget, 206-525-2534 *
- Dollar Rent A Car, 206-682-1316 *W
- Dollar does not pick up from the hospital main campus (Seattle), but will pay a portion of your cab fare from the hospital to Dollar.
- Seattle Children’s offers free valet Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Taxi cabs and car services
- Farwest Taxi, 206-622-1717 *W (Accepts Alaska Medicaid)
- Orange Cab, 206-522-8800 *
- Yellow Cab, 206-622-6500 W
- United Transportation, 206-886-1177 *W (Accepts Alaska Medicaid)
- Bilen Transport, 206-384-3216 * (Accepts Alaska Medicaid)
Car seats and wheelchairs:
* Car seats may be available upon request (usually only one per car). Call ahead.
W Wheelchair-accessible vehicles may be available upon request. Call ahead.
You can also use Seattle Children's Guest Services shuttle, taxis, Uber and Lyft to and from Sea-Tac Airport.
Medicaid-approved families may qualify for taxi rides, bus tickets, or gas vouchers.
- If you are at home, call your Medicaid transportation broker at least 5 days before your visit.
- If you are already at our campus, stop by the transportation desk on Ocean 8 between 7:30 a.m. and 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Call: Seattle Children’s Social Work at 206-987-2760, option 7.
Free Air Transportation
For information about free air transportation for patients with financial need, call Social Work at 206-987-2760, option 7. Here are some other organizations: