Therapeutic Cell Production Core
The Therapeutic Cell Production Core (TCPC) specializes in translating laboratory discoveries into real-world treatments. It is one of only a very few pediatric facilities in the U.S. that meet the FDA's strict Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) requirements for manufacturing therapeutic cell products.
The TCPC's state-of-the-art amenities include a 4,700-square-foot clean room space, a quality control lab and a process development lab. The TCPC's expert team helps researchers navigate every step in the process of adapting research laboratory methods to a manufacturing environment, including required release testing, final product characterization and regulatory support.
How to Get Started
We recommend that researchers who anticipate manufacturing clinical-grade therapies start working with the TCPC as early as possible for assistance in process development, establishing timelines and milestones, and budget development for grant proposals.
For more information, please contact Catherine Lindgren at 206-884-4366 or by email.
- Assistance developing budgets for grant proposals
- Pre-clinical assistance, analytical assay and manufacturing process development, product scale-up and clinical grade reagent/materials sourcing
- Consultation for regulatory submissions (IND, IRB, NIH, IBC)
- Development of standard operating procedures for manufacturing
- GMP-compliant documentation
- Full-service manufacturing by highly-trained manufacturing staff
- Quality control/in-house testing of manufactured products
- Coordination and facilitation of offsite testing
- Product transport to clinical sites
- Long-term manufacturing archiving
- Quality assurance oversight to ensure clinical product safety and regulatory compliance
In addition to quality control (QC) testing performed in support of clinical manufacture, TCPC QC services are available to Seattle Children's Research Institute researchers. These include the following:
- Mycoplasma testing by PCR
- Endotoxin testing by Endosafe PTS
- Bioplex assay