Click IRB Resources
The transition to Click IRB software brings a number of advantages to the federally mandated management of human subjects research at Seattle Children’s, including increased efficiency, greater standardization across documents and processes used by the IRB, and increased visibility during the review process.
To get started, explore available training resources and reference guides.
Click IRB Training Resources
You are invited to log in and explore Click IRB – but you are advised to receive Click IRB training prior to making any submissions in Click IRB. The Investigator Manual (HRP-103) is recommended reading and is found in the Click Library on the General tab.
To access Click IRB:
- Go to Citrix to open the list of viewable applications.
- Select the Click application icon. You will be presented with a Click session login screen in Internet Explorer 9.0.
- Log in with your Seattle Children’s username and password.
- Click IRB Deep Dive Part 1: This class will provide an overview of the Click IRB system and prepare you to understand the four core system transactions (New Studies, Continuing Reviews, Modifications and Reportable New Information) with an emphasis on activities for New Studies.
- Click IRB Deep Dive Part 2: This class is designed to help you understand and use the important concepts and techniques in Click IRB to move from basic viewing to initiating activities in the system that cue team members and the IRB to engage with the study. Includes job aids and workflows containing key concepts on each topic covered and hands-on activities to reinforce skills and knowledge attained.
See class descriptions and register for available workshops through Grow@SC.
These videos walk you through the basic functions of the Click IRB system. Click on a link to get started.
Getting Started With Click
These videos focus on basic actions in Click IRB. Covered topics include:
- Logging In to Click (0:20-1:29)
- Finding an Active Approved Study (1:30-2:29)
- Assigning PI Proxy (2:30-3:22)
- Starting a Continuing Review (3:23-4:18)
- Finding a Draft Pre-Submission Study (4:19-4:50)
- Assign Primary Contact (4:51-5:43)
- Additional Resources (6:00-6:27)
Click Essentials – Part 1: 3 Click Concepts
These videos introduce new users to three fundamental concepts about Click IRB. Covered topics include:
- Roles in Click (1:16-4:02)
- The IRB Library (4:03-5:54)
- Attachments vs. System (5:55-6:58)
Click Essentials – Part 2: Submitting a Study
These videos walk you through steps to follow and changes to be aware of when submitting a new study in Click IRB. Covered topics include:
- New Process Overview (1:29-3:13)
- System Demo: Submit New Study (3:18-11:36)
- Major Process Changes (11:42-13:55)
Click Essentials – Part 3: Responding During Review
These videos review changes in communication in the Click IRB system and demonstrate steps to follow when responding to the IRB during review. Covered topics include:
- States and Sub-States (1:23-5:19)
- Changes in Communication (5:25-6:39)
- System Demo: Responding to Reviewers (6:40-9:18)
- Review of Process Changes (9:19-10:23)
Click Essentials – Part 4: Updating Studies Post-Approval
These videos cover the steps to follow when updating studies following approval by the IRB. Covered topics include:
- “Review Complete” State Overview (1:39-2:45)
- Types of Submissions in Click (2:46-4:40)
- System Demo: Updating Studies (4:46-10:17)
- Key Process Changes (10:21-12:01)
- Tips for Migrated Studies (12:06-13:42)
Click IRB Reference Guides
When you’re ready to get started with Click IRB, you may find it helpful to refer to these Quick Guides as you navigate the system. All files are PDFs.
- Adding Comments
- Assigning PI Proxy and Primary Contact – updated June 24, 2019
- Attaching New and Revised Documents
- Changing Email Preferences
- Changing the Principal Investigator
- Choosing a Protocol Template
- Click Documents Clean-Up Process
- Continuing Review Submission
- Correspondence Within Click
- External IRB Studies
- Logging Into Click
- Mod, CR and RNI Forms
- Navigating Click IRB
- Reporting New Information
- States vs. Activities
- Studies Migrated From Legacy System
- Study Roles in Click
- Submission Types
- Understanding Study Roles in Click
Short Form Consents and Assents
When using the short form consent process for any studies that have been initiated in the Click IRB system, please use the appropriate translated Short Form Consent Form and Short Form Assent Form (if necessary) from the lists below or in the Click IRB Library. Studies that were processed in the legacy IRB system should use the legacy Short Form cover sheets, consent forms and assent forms. All files are Word documents.
The following translations are to be used for studies initiated in the Click IRB system and whose final IRB approval was received before January 21, 2019.
The English version of the Short Form Consent and Short Form Assent can be found in the Click IRB Library.
The following translations are to be used for studies initiated in the Click IRB system and whose final IRB approval was received on or after January 21, 2019. The English version of the Short Form Consent and Short Form Assent can be found in the Click IRB Library.