Cancer – T2016-002:A Phase I/II Study of Nivolumab in Combination with 5-azacytidine in Pediatric Patients with Relapsed/Refractory Acute Myeloid Leukemia
Condition or Therapy:
Relapsed Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
Cancer and Blood Disorders
Study Number: T2016-002
What is the goal of this study?
The goals of this study are:
- To evaluate the side effects (good and/or bad) of giving nivolumab and AZA.
- To evaluate the genes of the immune system that affect cancer and the effect of nivolumab on them before and after therapy.
- To see if receiving AZA changes the DNA in the cancer cells found in blood and bone marrow.
- To measure how effective the combination of nivolumab and AZA is at treating children and young adults with relapsed AML.
- To assess the health-related quality of life (HRQOL) of patients treated with this combination therapy.
It is hoped that the information learned from this study may help future children or young adults with relapsed AML.
Who can join the study?
This study may be a good fit for children and young adults who:
- Are between 1 and 30 years old
What will happen if my child takes part in this study?
You can read more about this study on clinicaltrials.gov.
Who can I contact for more information?
For more information, call 206-987-2106 or email the study coordinator.