Current Research Studies
Cystic Fibrosis – STOP-PEDS Feasibility: Standardizing Treatment of Pulmonary Exacerbations in Pediatrics Pilot Feasibility Study
Condition or Therapy:
Cystic fibrosis, spirometry, home monitoring
What is the goal of this study?
The goal of this study is for researchers at Seattle Children's to learn whether young children and their parents are able to complete breathing tests and an electronic symptom diary at home using a smartphone application.
Who can join the study?
This study might be a good fit for children who:
- Are between 6 and 11 years old
- Have been diagnosis with cystic fibrosis (CF)
- Have access to a smartphone with Bluetooth capabilities
What will happen if my child takes part in this study?
Study participants would be asked to:
- Participate in an enrollment visit (about 1 hour long) where you will be instructed on how to use a home spirometer (breathing test device) and how to complete an online symptom diary.
- At home, you would be asked to do 5 breathing tests over a 2-week period and complete the symptom diary for 7 days in a row. The breathing tests and diary each take about 5 minutes to complete.
- Participate in an exit phone interview so we can learn about your experience.
You will receive payment for participating in this study:
- $25 after completing the enrollment visit
- $50 after completion the study assessments and return of study equipment
Who can I contact for more information?
For more information, call 206-987-3921 or send us an email.