Current Research Studies
Sleep - Sleepazoid Study: An Intervention for Behavioral Sleep Problems Related to Media
Condition or Therapy:
Behavioral sleep problems; mind-body awareness; media
What is the goal of this study?
Media is an ever-growing part of children's lives. The goal of this study is to see if a mind-body awareness exercise effectively reduces the negative impact media has on a child's sleep.
Who can join the study?
This study may be a good fit for your child if they:
- Are between 11 and 14 years old (in 6th - 8th grade)
- Use 1 hour or more of media in the evening at least 4 nights per week, and
- Have some behavioral sleep problems
Eligible participants and their parents or guardians should also be comfortable reading, hearing instructions and writing in English.
What will happen if my child takes part in this study?
If you and your child decide to take part in this research study, you will be asked to:
- Virtually meet with a study team member for three remote evaluation sessions.
- Virtually meet with a study staff member for one remote intervention session.
- You and your child will be asked to complete three surveys and activity diaries.
- Your child will be asked to wear devices that collect information on activity level, sleep and light levels at home during three separate weeks.
Who can I contact for more information?
To learn more, call 206-884-1422 or email the study coordinator.