Current Research Studies
Cancer – PLAT-06: A Phase 1/2 Study of CD19-specific CAR T Cells With a Fully Human Binding Domain for CD19+ Leukemia or Lymphoma
Condition or Therapy:
Leukemia and lymphoma
What is the goal of this study?
In the PLAT-06 trial, researchers are testing CAR T cells that have been reprogrammed to target a protein called CD19 found on most leukemia and lymphoma cells.
The CAR antibody PLAT-06 uses to recognize and target the CD19 protein is different from the one used in the PLAT-02 trial. Our researchers are testing whether this different antibody will help the engineered T cells last longer and improve long-term remission rates for patients whose cancer expresses CD19.
In this trial, researchers are working to answer these questions:
- Is the T-cell therapy safe to give children and young adults with relapsed or refractory leukemia or lymphoma?
- Does the T-cell therapy work in patients who have never received T-cell therapy before?
- Does the T-cell therapy work in patients who have received T-cell therapy before?
Who can join the study?
This study might be a good fit for children or young adults who:
- Are ages 1 to 26 years old.
Have recurrent or refractory CD19+ pre-B acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) or other CD19+ acute leukemia or CD19+ non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
Researchers use many other factors to decide whether a patient can take part in a study (inclusion criteria) or cannot take part (exclusion criteria). The study team at Seattle Children’s can explain what these factors mean for you or your child.
What will happen if my child takes part in this study?
In this study, the patient’s own T cells will be reprogrammed to target the CD19 protein found on most leukemia and lymphoma cells. Learn how CAR T-cell therapy works.
Learn more about the PLAT-06 trial at clinicaltrials.gov.
Who can I contact for more information?
For more information, call send us an email.or
Learn about other PLAT studies at Seattle Children's:
- PLAT-02: A Phase 1/2 Feasibility and Safety Study of CD19-CAR T-Cell Immunotherapy for CD19+ Leukemia
- PLAT-03: A Pilot Feasibility and Safety Study of CD19t T-APC Vaccination Following CAR T-Cell Immunotherapy for CD19+ Leukemia
- PLAT-04: A Phase 1 Feasibility and Safety Study of CD22 CAR T-Cell Immunotherapy for CD22+ Leukemia
- PLAT-05: A Phase 1 Feasibility and Safety Study of Dual Specificity CD19 and CD22-CAR T-Cell Immunotherapy for CD19+CD22+ Leukemia and Lymphoma