Orthopedics - Multicenter Prospective Cohort Study on Current Treatments of Legg-Calvé-Perthes Disease
Condition or Therapy:
What is the goal of this study?
Legg-Calvé-Perthes disease is a childhood hip disorder which is common enough to be a significant public health problem (affects 1 in 740 boys between ages 0—14), but uncommon enough to have a sufficient number of patients from a single institution to perform a definitive prospective study comparing the results of current treatments.
The present study will establish a database of prospectively identified patients with Legg-Calvé-Perthes (LCP) Disease and collect information regarding their presentation, treatment, and outcomes in the course of receiving currently available treatments.
Who can join the study?
- is between ages 1 to 18 years at time of presentation
- has Legg-Calvé-Perthes Disease (also called juvenile idiopathic femoral head osteonecrosis)
- has not undergone surgical treatment for affected hip
- speaks and reads English or Spanish
What will happen if my child takes part in this study?
- The research team will collect medical and surgical information from the medical record
- The patient and parent will be instructed to complete questionnaires during routine clinical visits. The questionnaires will take no more than 10 minutes.
Who can I contact for more information?
To learn more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org