Orthopedics - HARMS Study Group: Idiopathic Scoliosis Outcomes Database Registry
Condition or Therapy:
Anterior or Posterior Spinal Fusion for patients with Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
What is the goal of this study?
To analyze the long-term outcomes of surgical treatment of idiopathic scoliosis of all curve patterns treated by either anterior or posterior procedures.
Who can join the study?
- Patients <26 years old with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis
- Scheduled for definitive spinal fusion surgery
What will happen if my child takes part in this study?
- Patients enrolled at preoperative visit
- Health information collected from preoperative visit, surgery, and subsequent visits for up to 25 years
- De-identified data will be entered into the Setting Scoliosis Straight Foundation’s database
- Patients complete brief questionnaires and take clinical photos of spine at most visits
Who can I contact for more information?
For more information, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org