ADHD – Lifestyle Enhancement for ADHD Program (LEAP)
Condition or Therapy:
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD); attention deficit disorder (ADD); physical activity
Take our screening survey to see if you are eligible.
What is the goal of this study?
We are researching how family-based ADHD interventions involving behavior management training help children with ADHD and their parents and how different programs compare to each other.
Who can join the study?
This study may be a good fit for children who:
- Are between 6 to 10 years old.
- Have ADHD, any subtype, as determined by study clinicians.
And for parents who:
- Are willing to participate in virtual group sessions and complete measures.
- Have not participated in any evidence-based parent training program in the past two years.
What will happen if my child takes part in this study?
All study visits will be via telehealth. If you choose to participate in this study, you will be asked to:
- Participate in a videoconference screening visit.
- If eligible, you will be randomly assigned (like a coin toss) to one of two group parent training programs for ADHD, both of which are programs that have been tested before.
- We will ask your child to wear an activity tracker for a total of 4 weeks across the next year.
Both programs will have nine weekly telegroup program sessions lasting 1.5 hours each.
- After the group, the study staff will follow up with you after two months and one year.
- In total, you and your child will be in the study for 12 months, or 1 year.
Who can I contact for more information?
Please call send us an email.or