Current Research Studies
ADHD – Lifestyle Enhancement for ADHD Program (LEAP)
Condition or Therapy:
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD); attention deficit disorder (ADD); physical activity
What is the goal of this study?
Researchers at Seattle Children’s are testing whether a program for families of children with ADHD can increase family activity level and improve child behavior.
We invite you to join an exciting new research study called LEAP (Lifestyle Enhancement for ADHD Program) to help kids with ADHD and their families.
Who can join the study?
We are seeking children ages 5 to 10 with ADHD and their parents/guardians to participate in this program.
What will happen if my child takes part in this study?
If you decide to participate in the study, parents/guardians will be asked to:
- Participate in a screening visit and interview (up to 3 hours)
- Attend an 8-week parent group at Seattle Children’s (90 minute sessions once a week for 8 weeks)
- Join a Facebook group with other parents/guardians
- Fill out surveys and ask the child’s teacher to fill out some surveys
- Monitor your and your child’s physical activity using wrist worn device and smartphone app
- Participate in a focus group at the end of the study
Children ages 5 to 10 will be asked to:
- Participate in an interview with the parent to confirm ADHD diagnosis
- Wear an activity tracker on their wrist
- Wear a small waist-worn activity tracker for two separate weeks
Who can I contact for more information?
Please call send us an email.or