Current Research Studies
IBS - iSTEP Study for Mothers with IBS
Condition or Therapy:
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
IBS, Gastroenterology, Parenting, Mothers, Pain
What is the goal of this study?
The goal of this study is to answer these questions:
- What is the impact of maternal IBS and abdominal pain on mothers and their children?
- What skills are useful for mothers balancing IBS management with parenting?
- Would mothers with IBS be interested in an online program to help with parenting?
Who can join the study?
This study might be a good fit for you if:
- Your child is between 5 and 10 years old and does not have abdominal pain
- You (the mother) have been diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- You have abdominal pain
What will happen if my child takes part in this study?
If you decide to participate in this study, you will complete a 30-minute phone interview at your convenience. You will be asked open-ended questions about the following: experiences and challenges managing IBS and pain, impact of IBS on family, concerns for children's health and wellbeing, and potential interest in an internet intervention that may help prevent pain and disability in children.