Current Research Studies
Cancer – H-42691: A Trial of Atovaquone (MEPRON) Combined with Conventional Chemotherapy for De Novo Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) in Children, Adolescents and Young Adults
Condition or Therapy:
Cancer and Blood Disorders
Study Number: H-42691
What is the goal of this study?
The goals of this study are:
- To collect data on the patient and family experience of giving daily atovaquone to patients during their first month of AML treatment.
- To collect information about whether atovaquone kills cancer cells from children with AML, using research laboratory studies.
- To learn more about how atovaquone kills cancer cells from children with AML.
- To help determine the best way to include atovaquone in pediatric AML treatments in the future.
Who can join the study?
This study may be a good fit for children and young adults who:
- Are between 1 month and 21 years old
- Are newly diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia
What will happen if my child takes part in this study?
You can read more about this study on clinicaltrials.gov.
Who can I contact for more information?
To learn more, call 206-987-2106 or email the study coordinator.