Epilepsy – An Open-Label Study with Extension Phase to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Perampanel Administered as an Adjunctive Therapy in Pediatric Subjects (Age 1 Month to Less Than 18 Years) With Childhood Epilepsy
What is the goal of this study?
The purpose of this study is to assess the safety and efficacy of perampanel. In this study, we will be assessing if perampanel helps to reduce the number of seizures in children and adolescents, aged 1 month to less than 18 years old, who are already taking seizure medication.
Who can join the study?
This study might be a good fit for you if you:
- Are aged 1 month through 17 years
- Have a diagnosis of epilepsy with a pediatric epileptic syndrome OR have a diagnosis of epilepsy with partial-onset seizures and are aged 1 month to less than 2 years
- Have had four or more seizures over the last 4 weeks
- Are currently being treated with one to four antiepileptic drugs
- Have a caregiver, friend, or family member who can provide information about the patient throughout the study and attend all study visits
What will happen if my child takes part in this study?
The following study tasks will be performed if you choose to participate in this study:
- Informed consent
- Full physical exam and medical history
- Blood draws and ECG (electrocardiogram)
- Questionnaires and assessments
- Daily home documentation of seizures
Who can I contact for more information?
To learn more, call 206-987-7853 or email the study coordinator.