COVID-19 - Pfizer Bivalent Vaccine Study
What is the goal of this study?
Researchers at Seattle Children's are doing a bivalent COVID-19 vaccine research study for children. The bivalent vaccine aims to protect against the original COVID-19 strain along with the Omicron variant.
Who can join the study?
This study might be a good fit for your child if they:
- Group 1: Have had no prior COVID-19 vaccine and are between ≥6 months and < 2 years old
Group 2: Have received 2 or 3 doses of COVID-19 vaccine and are between ≥6 months and < 12 years old
- Are willing to do study activities including:
- Blood draws
- Nasal swab(s)
- Visits at Seattle Children’s Hospital
- Are healthy or medically stable
- Have a parent who can communicate with study staff by phone
What will happen if my child takes part in this study?
Participants who join the study would:
- Receive either four doses (group 1) OR one to two doses (group 2) of a bivalent COVID-19 vaccine during the study depending on group and age
- Have blood drawn to measure antibodies (“germ fighters”)
- Record reactions after the shots and tell the study team
- Report any illnesses with COVID-like symptoms
Who can I contact for more information?
Contact IDResearch@seattlechildrens.org for more information.