Current Research Studies
Cerebral Palsy – Biomechanics and Walking in Cerebral Palsy: Ankle Foot Orthoses Footwear Combinations Study
Condition or Therapy:
What is the goal of this study?
Researchers at Seattle Children's want to learn more about how different types of orthotics can help children with cerebral palsy walk better.
Who can join the study?
This study might be a good fit for your child if they are:
- Between 4 and 9 years old
- Have bilateral spastic cerebral palsy
- Walk with or without support as a primary means of mobility
What will happen if my child takes part in this study?
If you and your child decide to take part in the study, you would:
- Attend 4-8 study visits over the course of 3-6 months that may take 1-3 hours each. All study visits are help at Orthocare Innovations Lab in Edmonds, WA
- Have a gait lab analysis done
- Have monitors on your ankle for 2 weeks after study visits
- Complete some surveys and interviews
- Be provided free orthotics and shoes
Families who take part get $120 after the last visit to thank them for their time and help reduce any costs associated with joining the study. Additional support is available for mileage to and from study visits at $0.57 per mile.
Who can I contact for more information?
Orthocare Innovations Lab in Edmonds, WA