The Pathology Integrative Resource Core (PIRC) core, operated by the Department of Laboratories, provides an array of laboratory services to support basic, clinical and translational research at Seattle Children’s.
Our team of research coordinators and technicians provide a broad range of expertise of clinical research and pathology-related services. This includes:
- Research testing (performed on clinical platforms)
- Specimen processing (centrifugation, PBMC Ficoll, etc.)
- Histology services, including special staining
- DNA/RNA extraction
- Tissue microarrays
- Specimen shipping and storage
- Protocol development and collaboration
- Test development
- Molecular studies
PIRC Services and Fees
for a detailed list of all PIRC services.
Location and Hours of Operation
PIRC is located on 8th floor of the Ocean zone at Seattle Children's main campus. Staff are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
To request PIRC services, please visit
Request PIRC Services. For other inquires, core personnel can be reached at 206-987-2792 or