- Psychosocial predictors of acute and chronic pain in adolescents undergoing major musculoskeletal surgery. Rabbitts, J.A., Palermo, T.M., Zhou, C., Meyyappan, A., Chen, L. J Pain 21(11-12):1236-1246, 2020.
- A conceptual model of biopsychosocial mechanisms of transition from acute to chronic postsurgical pain in children and adolescents. Rabbitts, J.A., Palermo, T.M., Lang, E.A. Journal of Pain Research 24(13):3071-3080, 2020.
- Subacute Pain Trajectories following major musculoskeletal surgery in adolescents: A Pilot Study. Rabbitts, J.A., Groenewald, C.B., Zhou, C. Canadian Journal of Pain 4(4):3-12, 2020.
- AAAPT: Assessment of the Acute Pain Trajectory. Bayman, E.O., Oleson, J.,J., Rabbitts, J.A. Pain Medicine, in press, doi: 10.1093/pm/pnaa440, 2020.
- Perioperative Care for Adolescents Undergoing Major Surgery: A Biopsychosocial Conceptual Framework. Rabbitts, J.A., Kain, Z. Anesthesia and Analgesia, 129(4):1181-4, 2019.
- Presurgical psychosocial predictors of acute postsurgical pain and quality of life in children undergoing major surgery. Rabbitts, JA, Groenewald, CB, Ghafari Tai, G., and Palermo, TM. J Pain. 16(3):226-34, 2015. Identified as a Science Advance in Pain Research by the Interagency Pain Research Coordinating Committee, National Institutes of Health.
- Trajectories of postsurgical pain in children: risk factors and impact of late pain recovery on long-term health outcomes after major surgery. Rabbitts, JA, Zhou, C., Groenewald, CB, Durkin, LK, Palermo, TM. PAIN. 156(11):2383-9, 2015.
- Pain and Health-Related Quality of Life after Pediatric Inpatient Surgery. Rabbitts, JA, Palermo, TM, Zhou, C., Mangione-Smith, R. J Pain. 16(12):1334-41, 2015.
- Prevalence and predictors of chronic postsurgical pain in children: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Rabbitts, JA, Fisher, E, Rosenbloom, BN, Palermo, TM. J Pain. 18(6):605-614, 2017.
- Longitudinal and temporal associations between daily pain and sleep patterns after major pediatric surgery. J Pain. 18(6):656-663, 2017. Rabbitts, JA, Zhou, C, Narayanan, A, Palermo, TM:
- Long-term pain and recovery after major pediatric surgery: A qualitative study with teens, parents, and perioperative care providers. Rabbitts, JA, Aaron, RV, Fisher, E, Lang, EA, Bridgwater, C, Tai, GG, Palermo, TM. J Pain 18(7):778-786, 2017.
- Postsurgical pain in children: unraveling the interplay between child and parent psychosocial factors. Rabbitts, JA, Fisher, E. PAIN. 158(10):1847-1848, 2017.
- Validation of the Youth Acute Pain Functional Ability Questionnaire (YAPFAQ) in Children and Adolescents Undergoing Inpatient Surgery. Rabbitts, JA, Aaron, RV, Zempsky, WT, Palermo, TM. J Pain. 18(10):1209-1215, 2017.
- Agreement between Parent Proxy- and Child Self-Reports of Pain Intensity and Health-Related Quality of Life after Inpatient Surgery. Lifland, BE, Mangione-Smith, R., Palermo, TM, Rabbitts, JA. Acad Pediatr.18(4):376-383, 2018.