Palliative Care and Resilience Research Program (PCAR)
- Promoting Resilience, Reducing Stress
- An app for teaching kids to cope with chronic illness, Fast Company, March 19, 2018
- Promoting Resilience in Young Cancer Patients: Results From the PRISM Trial (video, 2:50)
- The PRISM App: Helping young patients manage stress and build resilience, Artefactgroup
- PRISM: Building resilience in the face of serious illness, Artefactgroup, August 17, 2017
- Rosenberg AR, Baker KS, Syrjala KL, Back AL, Wolfe J. Promoting resilience among parents and caregivers of children with cancer. Journal of Palliative Medicine; 16 (6) 645-652; 2013. PMID 23646887.
- Rosenberg AR, Dussel V, Kang T, Geyer JR, Gerhardt C, Feudtner C, Wolfe J. Psychological Distress in Parents of Children with Advanced Cancer. JAMA Pediatrics; 167 (6): 537-543; 2013. PMID 23545569.
- Yi-Frazier JP, Yaptangco M, Semana S, Buscaino E, Thompson V, Cochrane K, Tabile M, Alving E, Rosenberg AR. A Pilot Study of the Association of Personal Resilience with Stress, Coping and Diabetes Outcomes in Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes: Variable and Person-Focused Approaches. Journal of Health Psychology, 2013 Nov 21. [Epub ahead of print] PMID 24271691.
- Rosenberg AR, Wolfe J, Bradford M, Shaffer M, Yi-Frazier J, Curtis JR, Syrjala KL, Baker KS. Resilience and psychosocial outcomes of caregivers of children with cancer; Pediatric Blood and Cancer; 61(3): 552-557; 2014. PMID 2424926.
- Rosenberg AR, Starks, H, Jones B. I know it when I see it: the complexities of measuring resilience in pediatric cancer. Supp Care Cancer, Apr 23, 2014. [Epub ahead of print] PMID 4756554.
- Rosenberg AR, Orellana L, Kang T, Geyer JR, Feudtner C, Dussel V, Wolfe J. Differences in parent-provider concordance regarding prognosis and goals of care among children with advanced cancer. J Clin Oncol, July 14, 2014 [Epub ahead of print] PMID 25024073.
- Rosenberg AR, Yi-Frazier JP, Wharton C, Gordon K, Jones B. Contributors and Inhibitors of Resilience among Adolescents and Young Adults with Cancer. J Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology; 3(4): 185-193, 2014. PMID 25969794.
- Rosenberg AR*, Yi-Frazier JP*, Eaton L, Wharton C, Cochrane K, Pihoker C, Baker KS, McCauley E. Promoting Resilience in Stress Management (PRISM) – a pilot study of a novel resilience-promoting intervention for adolescents and young adults with serious illness (*Co–first authors). J Pediatric Psychology, Feb 15, 2015 [Epub ahead of print] PMID 25678533.
- Rosenberg AR, Syrjala KL, Martin P, Flowers M, Carpenter P, Salit R, Baker KS, Lee SJ. Resilience, Health, and Quality of Life among Long-Term Survivors of Hematopoietic Cell Transplant. Cancer, Aug 19, 2015 [Epub ahead of print] PMID 26288023
- Rosenberg AR, Bona K, Wharton C, Bradford M, Shaffer M, Wolfe J, Baker KS. Adolescent and Young Adult Patient Engagement and Participation in Survey-Based Research: a report from the "Resilience in Adolescents and Young Adults with Cancer" study. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, Dec 18, 2015 [Epub ahead of print] PMID 26681427.
- Rosenberg AR and Yi-Frazier J. Commentary: Resilience defined: An alternative perspective. J Pediatric Psychology. March 24, 2016 [Epub ahead of print]. PMID 27013701.
- Rosenberg AR, Orellana L, Ullrich C, Kang T, Geyer JR, Feudtner C, Dussel V, Wolfe J. Quality of Life in Children with Advanced Cancer: A report from the PediQUEST study. J Pain Symptom Management. May 21, 2016 [Epub ahead of print]. PMID 27220948.
- Rosenberg AR, Wolfe J, Wiener K, Lyon M, Feudtner C. Ethics, Emotions, and the Skills of Talking about Progressing Disease with Terminally Ill Adolescents. JAMA Pediatrics. Oct 17, 2016 [Epub ahead of print]: doi: 10.1001/jamapediatrics.2016.2142.
- Straehla JP, Barton K, Yi-Frazier JP, Wharton C, Baker KS, Bona K, Wolfe J, Rosenberg AR. Benefits and Burdens of Cancer: a prospective longitudinal cohort study of adolescents and young adults. J Pall Med. In Press.
- Rosenberg AR, Bona K, Ketterl T, Wharton C, Wolfe J, Baker KS. Intimacy, Substance Use, and Communication Needs During Cancer Therapy: a report from the “Resilience in Adolescents and Young Adults with Cancer” study. J Adol Health. Oct 18, 2016 [Epub ahead of print]. doi: 10.1016/j.jadohealth.2016.08.017