Clinical Research Scholars Program
Apply to the CRSP
For the 2019 funding cycle, note that there have been major updates to the Clinical Research Scholars Program structure, application, and the award terms and conditions. Please read these instructions thoroughly.
- Download and complete all required application materials:
- Program Overview and Letter of Intent (LOI) Template (DOC) Updated 3-22-19
- CRSP Application (DOC)
- To view an example of a successfully awarded CRSP application, contact the CRSP Program Coordinator.
- All applicants must complete a Letter of Intent prior to submission of their final application. The Letter of Intent must be submitted as one single PDF to the CRSP Program Coordinator by 5:00pm on Friday, March 29, 2019.
- The CRSP Program and Finance Manager will provide assistance with the development of your budget and guide you through the internal sign-off process upon receipt of your LOI. Your draft budget is due by April 12, 2019 to prepare for the final submission deadline.
- Full Application format specifications:
- Font: Arial 11 pt regular
- Margins: Use at least one-half inch margins on all sides
- The application must be single-spaced
- Page limit: Follow guidelines for each section (see Application Checklist)
- To assist with navigating the CCTR core services and resources available, applicants can find more information on the Core Services and Facilities web page.
- To request a biostatistics study design consultation, applicants must contact the Children’s Center for Biomedical Statistics (CCBS),at least 3 weeks in advance of the application deadline (no later than April 5, 2019).
- Final application materials must be submitted as one single PDF to the CRSP Program Coordinator by 5:00 pm on Friday, April 26, 2019.
Unsuccessful applicants may resubmit their applications for review one additional time unless the reviewers determine that the application does not meet the intent of the program. If the application is a resubmission of a previously unfunded CRSP application, please include a cover letter with a description of how the application has been modified in response to the previous review.
RFA Released: January 25, 2019
Letter of Intent Due: March 29, 2019
Biostats Consultation Due: April 5, 2019
Budget Draft Due: April 12, 2019
Full Application Due: April 26, 2019
Award Announcement: By June 21, 2019
Project Initiation Period: July 1–Sept 30, 2019
IRB Approved and 1st Mentor Meeting Completed: Sept 30, 2019
Funding Begins: October 1, 2019