Clinical Research Scholars Program
Apply to the CRSP
For the 2020 funding cycle, note that there have been major updates to the Clinical Research Scholars Program structure, application, and the award terms and conditions. Please read these instructions thoroughly.
- Download and complete all required application materials:
- All required application materials can be downloaded from the Apply to the CRSP webpage.
- To view an example of a successfully awarded CRSP application, contact the CRSP Program Coordinator.
- All applicants must complete a Letter of Intent prior to submission of their final application (page 12 of this packet). The Letter of Intent must be submitted as one single PDF to the CRSP Inbox by 5:00pm on Friday, March 27, 2020.
- The CRSP Program and Finance Manager will provide assistance with the development of your budget and guide you through the internal sign-off process upon receipt of your LOI. Your draft budget is due by April 17, 2020 to prepare for the final submission deadline.
- Full Application format specifications (Page 13 of this packet):
- Font: Arial 11 pt regular
- Margins: Use at least one-half inch margins on all sides
- The application must be single-spaced
- Page limit: Follow guidelines for each section (see Application Checklist)
- To assist with navigating the CCTR core services and resources available, applicants can find more information on the Core Services and Facilities web page.
- To request a biostatistics study design consultation, applicants must contact the Children’s Center for Biomedical Statistics (CCBS), at least 4 weeks in advance of the application deadline (no later than April 17, 2020).
- Final application materials must be submitted as one single PDF to the CRSP Inbox by 5:00 pm on Friday, May 15, 2020.
Unsuccessful applicants may resubmit their applications for review the following year unless the reviewers determine that the application does not meet the intent of the program. If the application is a resubmission of a previously unfunded CRSP application, please include a cover letter with a description of how the application has been modified in response to the previous review.
RFA Released February 28, 2020
Letter of Intent Due March 27, 2020
UPDATED: Biostats Consultation Due April 17, 2020
Budget Draft Due April 17, 2020
UPDATED: Full Application Due May 15, 2020
Award Announcement By June 12, 2020
Project Initiation Period July 1 – Sept 30, 2020
IRB Approved & 1st Mentor Meeting Completed Sept 30, 2020
Funding Begins October 1, 2020